Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: My SSD drive as the lowest score in performance study


11 Nov 2012   #1

windows 7 Pro x64
 
 
My SSD drive as the lowest score in performance study

Hello

I did a Window performance test and the score rusult is a deceiving 5.9. After a review, I see that all items did scored above 7.2, Except my SSD drive with a little 5.9

What could cause that? Is there something to change in the bios.

I did change the motherboard 3 month ago from a Q6600 cpu o a new Intel I5 motherboard , but I did nothing on the bios. Just installed and up running.

At that time, I was just glad to see my PC running again that I did not check any performance.

Any help or hint appreciated

Martin



Attached Thumbnails
My SSD drive as the lowest score in performance study-performance_1.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Nov 2012   #2
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

You should have done a clean install since the SSD had all the drivers from the old motherboard. Your SATA ports should be set to AHCI in BIOS. My SSD got a low score when first installed but after a day or two of operation it scored 7.9. The SSD should be installed on the SATA_0 or SATA_1 port on the board, whichever yours has.

Did you install Intel Rapid Storage Technology?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Nov 2012   #3

windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
You should have done a clean install since the SSD had all the drivers from the old motherboard. Your SATA ports should be set to AHCI in BIOS. My SSD got a low score when first installed but after a day or two of operation it scored 7.9. The SSD should be installed on the SATA_0 or SATA_1 port on the board, whichever yours has.

Did you install Intel Rapid Storage Technology?
Hello and thanks Britton

- Understand the point of old driver may be in use since I dd not do a fresh install.
Problem is I don,t have Win 7 disk since installation as been done using an Win 7 student upgrade licence.

- I did check and my AHCI is set in bios

- How can I check if SSD is with Sata_0 or Sata_1?

- Never heard of Intel Rapid Storage Technology. I did upgrade to Intel SSD latest driver, but performance still the same. The drive has been installed using Intel tool offered with the SSD

Martin
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


11 Nov 2012   #4
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by arjfca View Post
Hello and thanks Britton

- Understand the point of old driver may be in use since I dd not do a fresh install.
Problem is I don,t have Win 7 disk since installation as been done using an Win 7 student upgrade licence. How did you install it?

- I did check and my AHCI is set in bios

- How can I check if SSD is with Sata_0 or Sata_1?Physically look at the motherboard.

- Never heard of Intel Rapid Storage Technology. I did upgrade to Intel SSD latest driver, but performance still the same. The drive has been installed using Intel tool offered with the SSD Do you mean the SSD firmware? IRST is Intel's SATA driver.

Martin
Hope this helps.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Nov 2012   #5

windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by arjfca View Post
Hello and thanks Britton

- Understand the point of old driver may be in use since I dd not do a fresh install.
Problem is I don,t have Win 7 disk since installation as been done using an Win 7 student upgrade licence. How did you install it?

- I did check and my AHCI is set in bios

- How can I check if SSD is with Sata_0 or Sata_1?Physically look at the motherboard.

- Never heard of Intel Rapid Storage Technology. I did upgrade to Intel SSD latest driver, but performance still the same. The drive has been installed using Intel tool offered with the SSD Do you mean the SSD firmware? IRST is Intel's SATA driver.

Martin
Hope this helps.

Britton:

I installed it with the link provided by Microsoft. I may still have the file, but don't know the name

OK for phisically check,will do that tonight

IRST: No such file, will look on the net

Martin
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Nov 2012   #6
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

IRST=Intel Rapid Storage Technology and should be on your motherboard driver disk.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Nov 2012   #7

windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
IRST=Intel Rapid Storage Technology and should be on your motherboard driver disk.
OK found the file on motherboard disk. Will install it after my working day. I don't want to installed that while I'm actively working with my PC

Will report any progress

Thanks and have a great day

M.Theriault
Montreal, Canada
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Nov 2012   #8
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

True, I'm sure you'll need a reboot to finish the install.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Nov 2012   #9

Windows 8 Core X64
 
 

Interesting. When I first installed Win 8 on my SSD, the WEI was 5.9 as well. Just re-ran it and it's now 7.1.

I cloned from my previous SATA II drive to the SSD as well.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 My SSD drive as the lowest score in performance study




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: My SSD drive as the lowest score in performance study
Thread Forum
What's your Passmark Performance Test Score Benchmarks
Win 7 shows a slower performance score than Vista Performance & Maintenance
Low score on Hard drive - Possible issue? General Discussion
Hard drive score Performance & Maintenance
Low score based on graphics performance Graphic Cards
Graphics performance score--so what? Graphic Cards
Hard Drive low WEI score! Performance & Maintenance

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33