Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: cant get rid of conduit and bing

28 Nov 2012   #1

windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 
cant get rid of conduit and bing

Some how I got conduit and bing search when I select explorer. I have deleted Conduit using uninstall. Also have removed bing search engine from Manage search engines in google chrome. Also have selected Chrome as my default search engine. But when I select Explorer it still comes up with web site conduit and Bing search engine.....
Help

My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2012   #2

Windows 7 Professional x64 Linux Mint 16
 
 

Are you talking about your home page ?

Just change it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2012   #3

windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AddRAM View Post
Are you talking about your home page ?

Just change it.
I selected Chrome to be my default search engine when I select Explorer.Do I need to do something about home page if so how?

Thanks for your help
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


28 Nov 2012   #4

Windows 7 Professional x64 Linux Mint 16
 
 

Open Internet Explorer.

Top right, click tools>internet options
It`s also found in the control panel

change the home page to whatever you want. I use www.google.com


Whenever you download and install things, you have to go slower and read everything and uncheck boxes that will change or add things that you don`t want. Such as changing your homepage to Bing. This is how it happened and now you have learned.


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2012   #5

Windows 7 Professional x64 Linux Mint 16
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by amsanborn View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AddRAM View Post
Are you talking about your home page ?

Just change it.
I selected Chrome to be my default search engine when I select Explorer.Do I need to do something about home page if so how?

Thanks for your help

Google Chrome is not a search engine, it is a web browser.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2012   #6

windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AddRAM View Post
Open Internet Explorer.

Top right, click tools>internet options
It`s also found in the control panel

change the home page to whatever you want. I use www.google.com


Whenever you download and install things, you have to go slower and read everything and uncheck boxes that will change or add things that you don`t want. Such as changing your homepage to Bing. This is how it happened and now you have learned.
Thanks it worked. I will take your advise and review when ever downloading.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2012   #7

Windows 7 Professional x64 Linux Mint 16
 
 

Glad to help.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 cant get rid of conduit and bing





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: cant get rid of conduit and bing
Thread Forum
Solved How do I get rid of "Whitesmoke Toolbar" and conduit search engine? System Security
Solved My hard drive has been infected by Conduit System Security
Solved annoying Conduit popup Performance & Maintenance
IE9 with Bing -- Discover Bing site not working Browsers & Mail
To Bing or not to Bing? (Hands on) News

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33