|20 Dec 2012||#1|
| || |
Can't use sleep or hibernate
I have a dell XPS1702x laptop Windows 7 64, this problem came up in the last 5 days after I installed a logitech M705 mouse and software.When ever I put my laptop in sleep or hibernate and start up again I get a blank screen, but the laptop seems tobe running I have to turn the computer off and then on again using the power button. My computer then restarts and opens in the Error Recovert Screen stating that the computer was turned off improperly and ask if I want to restart Windows. I have preformed a complete Virus scan with Nortons 360, I have updating all my software, uninstalled the mouse and returned to my old mouse and the software for the new mouse and the problem is still there. As I read the Questions on the MS community it looks like I'm not alone with this problem. does any one have a possible solution ?
|My System Specs|
|20 Dec 2012||#2|
| || |
There are many possible causes for this issue. Please try the following troubleshooting steps to see if they work:
1. Update BIOS:
Note: Battery should have 10% or greater charge; Adapter should be connected; No external devices should be connected; All other programs should be closed and documents saved
- Click Driver Details | Dell United States to download the BIOS file and install it as per the on-screen instructions
- Laptop will restart itself (may produce some beeps); recheck results
2. If the issue persists, try installing 'Windows Updates': Ensure that the 'Logitech Mouse' is working with the laptop while you perform the update
- Click 'Start icon' > Type 'Windows Update' in 'Search programs and files' in the text box > Tap Enter and follow the on-screen instructions to install all updates > Restart the laptop and check results
3. If the issue still persists, you may also try updating the 'video drivers'; Dell XPS L702x laptop offers 'NVIDIA GeForce GT 550M and GT 555M' as discrete video options:
- Click Driver Details | Dell United States to update the 'Intel HD Graphics 3000 driver'
- Restart laptop after updating
- Click Driver Details | Dell United States to update the 'Discrete Video card driver'
- Restart and check again
Hope this helps. Do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Can't use sleep or hibernate|
|Hibernate or Hybrid Sleep?||Performance & Maintenance|
|What preventing my pc from Sleep/hibernate||General Discussion|
|What is the deference between sleep & hibernate ?||General Discussion|
|Sleep, hibernate, or off?||Performance & Maintenance|
|Sleep or Hibernate||Performance & Maintenance|
|My PC don't Hibernate or Sleep - Help is need||Performance & Maintenance|
|Sleep Hibernate ... all gone||General Discussion|