Another question. To speed up the laptop, i am planning to slap in an SSD and move the hard disk to the optical disk drive using a Caddy Tray.
THe SSD of choice is either:
- Intel S330 series or,
- Intel S520 series.
Which one would you recommend for a typical home user whereby the workload comprised off;
- storing and editing photos,
- playing and editing movies,
- working on multiple MS words. excel, access...
- playing games like Black Ops II
- surfing the net...
- other light to moderate workload...
Based on ANandTech review, apparently there is not much difference between S330 vs. S520 for a typical home user. AnandTech - The Intel SSD 330 Review (60GB, 120GB, 180GB)
Also, what kind of storage should we look at?
- 120GB? or 180GB? --------> my budget only allows this range...
My applications are simple;
- Windows 7/ Windows 8
- MS office 2010
- photos and videos editing applications,
- all the programs that a home user is expected to have...
- a few games (similar to Black Ops II).
- recovery partition
- that is all about it....
Once again, thanks alot for your help.