Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: HD Tune health warning,should i be worried?


04 Jan 2013   #11
Microsoft MVP

 

SeaTools for DOS. Burn to CD using Windows Image Burner. Boot to run Extended test.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Jan 2013   #12

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
SeaTools for DOS. Burn to CD using Windows Image Burner. Boot to run Extended test.
Dont have a DVD writer since i dont use,will have to borrow one so will take some time.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jan 2013   #13
mjf

Windows 7x64 Home Premium SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by shinigami8671 View Post
Ok i just Downloaded it and it says health status is good,how do i set these thresholds? shot:
To change settings: Function>Advanced Features>Health Status Settings
These are for SMART 05, C5, C6. Not C7 which is:
"The count of errors in data transfer via the interface cable as determined by ICRC (Interface Cyclic Redundancy Check)."
It appears your problem relates to the communications from your motherboard to your HDD. I suggest you keep an eye on the RAW C7 value. Since you have already swapped cables if it increases try using a different sata port and see what happens.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


04 Jan 2013   #14

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mjf View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by shinigami8671 View Post
Ok i just Downloaded it and it says health status is good,how do i set these thresholds? shot:
To change settings: Function>Advanced Features>Health Status Settings
These are for SMART 05, C5, C6. Not C7 which is:
"The count of errors in data transfer via the interface cable as determined by ICRC (Interface Cyclic Redundancy Check)."
It appears your problem relates to the communications from your motherboard to your HDD. I suggest you keep an eye on the RAW C7 value. Since you have already swapped cables if it increases try using a different sata port and see what happens.
Both the Motherboard and the wires are brand new,bought barely 2 months ago so there shouldnt be a problem there.Anyways,tomorrow if i can make it,i will go buy the new Sata 6GB/s hdd. Found a great deal,i can return this one and buy the other one for just 2$ more,if it werent so far away,it would have been too good to be true
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jan 2013   #15
mjf

Windows 7x64 Home Premium SP1
 
 

You still have cyclic redundancy check errors and a lot of them. This doesn't mean you can't get a "Smart Pass" report.
With over 5000 hours on the clock you will need to convince the supplier the HDD is faulty to return it. New motherboards can be faulty.
Also just because the new HDD (spinner) has a 6 Gb/s interface does not mean you will get that transfer rate - you definitely won't. In fact 3 Gb/s is more than you will need. 6 Gb/s starts to mean something when you are dealing with SSDs.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jan 2013   #16

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mjf View Post
You still have cyclic redundancy check errors and a lot of them. This doesn't mean you can't get a "Smart Pass" report.
With over 5000 hours on the clock you will need to convince the supplier the HDD is faulty to return it. New motherboards can be faulty.
Also just because the new HDD (spinner) has a 6 Gb/s interface does not mean you will get that transfer rate - you definitely won't. In fact 3 Gb/s is more than you will need. 6 Gb/s starts to mean something when you are dealing with SSDs.
this supplier gave me 5 days money back warranty if the HDD is returned in the same condition it was sold in,no questions asked.And i will be buying new 6gb/s HDD. And if the board was faulty,it would have come up by now,ive checked other HDD's on this board too and never had a problem plus it has a few months of official warranty left so i can get it replaced if its faulty.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jan 2013   #17
mjf

Windows 7x64 Home Premium SP1
 
 

Your screenshot shows 5090 power on hours. Depending on usage I would guess that HDD is 2-3 years old. Did you buy it as a second hand HDD? If so that's a risky business.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jan 2013   #18

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mjf View Post
Your screenshot shows 5090 power on hours. Depending on usage I would guess that HDD is 2-3 years old. Did you buy it as a second hand HDD? If so that's a risky business.
yes i bought it used,thats exactly why i was worried.Anyways ive bought the new HDD now so will be returning this one.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 HD Tune health warning,should i be worried?




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: HD Tune health warning,should i be worried?
Thread Forum
Worried about my hdd Hardware & Devices
avg pc tune up 2011 & tune up utilities 2011?? Performance & Maintenance
Should I be worried? Performance & Maintenance
So I'm a bit worried about a rat.. System Security
HD Tune: Spin Drive Warning Hardware & Devices
Is this anything to be worried about ? Hardware & Devices
Should i be worried? General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33