Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Second screen behaves REALLY slow!

25 Feb 2013   #1
JoesMorgue

Windows 7 Ultimate x64/Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 
Second screen behaves REALLY slow!

Last night, my daughter was on Sporicle.com [I thinks] and was playing a game on it.

When she tried to type, it was VERY slow, sometimes taking up to a MINUTE to show the 5 chars that she typed. Dragging the window back to the primary screen, it's fine. Watching a DVD/BR, it's fine.

Notes:
I have a second kb/mouse connected, didn't try it with the secondary equipment. It's for running XP in a VM.
I also see occasional pauses of the computer on a semi-regular basis.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 Feb 2013   #2
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 8 Pro / Desk2 7 Home Prem / Main lap Asus ROG 7 Pro
 
 

Well Joe I can only think of that either the extra KB and mouse or the refresh rate of the second monitor (TV?) is not up to scratch or affecting the time to type stuff.

Have you tried unplugging the extra KB and mouse?

Maybe a look to see if the graphics drivers are up to date too especially the Catalyst Control Centre I had real problems with anew monitor a while ago and it was resolved by redoing the CCC download . .
ATI Catalyst Control Center™
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Mar 2013   #3
JoesMorgue

Windows 7 Ultimate x64/Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Well Joe I can only think of that either the extra KB and mouse or the refresh rate of the second monitor (TV?) is not up to scratch or affecting the time to type stuff.

Have you tried unplugging the extra KB and mouse?

Maybe a look to see if the graphics drivers are up to date too especially the Catalyst Control Centre I had real problems with anew monitor a while ago and it was resolved by redoing the CCC download . .
ATI Catalyst Control Center™
Sorry about the slow reply..

The problem my daughter was having was using the primary keyboard & mouse, just dragging the window over to the other screen.

I don't think there is much settings for HDMI video, or am I wrong?

I will look into the CCC when I can get access to that computer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


06 Mar 2013   #4
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 8 Pro / Desk2 7 Home Prem / Main lap Asus ROG 7 Pro
 
 

To be absolutely honest Joe I haven't played around with it a lot at all I suppose it is just a matter of trial and error - when you get back the controls
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Mar 2013   #5
JoesMorgue

Windows 7 Ultimate x64/Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
To be absolutely honest Joe I haven't played around with it a lot at all I suppose it is just a matter of trial and error - when you get back the controls
By the time the computer was clear for me to use, I forgot...

I FINALLY did an install of it, plus did all the updates from Microsoft Tuesday, and did a reboot. I still have to test...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Mar 2013   #6
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 8 Pro / Desk2 7 Home Prem / Main lap Asus ROG 7 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JoesMorgue View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
To be absolutely honest Joe I haven't played around with it a lot at all I suppose it is just a matter of trial and error - when you get back the controls
By the time the computer was clear for me to use, I forgot...

I FINALLY did an install of it, plus did all the updates from Microsoft Tuesday, and did a reboot. I still have to test...
Sounds like you have an "ownership" problem too Joe LOL!! Let us know how it goes
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Mar 2013   #7
JoesMorgue

Windows 7 Ultimate x64/Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JoesMorgue View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
To be absolutely honest Joe I haven't played around with it a lot at all I suppose it is just a matter of trial and error - when you get back the controls
By the time the computer was clear for me to use, I forgot...

I FINALLY did an install of it, plus did all the updates from Microsoft Tuesday, and did a reboot. I still have to test...
Sounds like you have an "ownership" problem too Joe LOL!! Let us know how it goes
Ownership?! I'm married with 3 kids still at home! Ownership is simple: It's not mine [unless money is owed on it] :P
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Mar 2013   #8
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 8 Pro / Desk2 7 Home Prem / Main lap Asus ROG 7 Pro
 
 

Been there done that Joe and that will last until they are about 25 if that is of any consolation
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Mar 2013   #9
JoesMorgue

Windows 7 Ultimate x64/Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Been there done that Joe and that will last until they are about 25 if that is of any consolation
Wow! ONLY 15 years to go! [Currently, 1 is married] I'm going to be old and senile by then!

What were we talking about?

I just did a test, and the second screen seemed to handle typing on it quite well. BOTH keyboard receivers were plugged in and like last time, the batteries were not fully in the secondary kb/mouse. Going to test it better tomorrow.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Mar 2013   #10
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 8 Pro / Desk2 7 Home Prem / Main lap Asus ROG 7 Pro
 
 

Ok mate let me know how you go. If things still don't come up to scratch perhaps a wired board??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Second screen behaves REALLY slow!




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Notepad behaves differently in Win 7 versus XP3
In XP3 I could select an entire string of unbroken (no spaces) characters in Notepad by double-clicking anywhere in the string. For example, if I double-clicked anywhere in a phone number written as 888-555-1212, Notepad in XP3 would select the entire string of characters. However, Notepad in...
General Discussion
Keyboard behaves differently in different programs
I have a Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 1.0a. The keys behave differently in different programs. For example, \ shows up as < while > shows up as . Any ideas? As you can imagine, it's most annoying - not to mention that I need \\ to work! BTW, I have updated the driver. Thanks!
Hardware & Devices
Computer behaves very slowly when browsing within my User directory
Hi, Whenever I try to navigate through my user directory (C:\Users\MyName), sometimes it takes ages for the computer to respond. This was happening earlier when I was trying to access AppData so I could fix a GreaseMonkey script. Once the computer "unfreezes" (it doesn't really freeze, as I...
Performance & Maintenance
Two user accounts and IE behaves different
A month or so ago I noticed I could not listen to Cartalk (A PBS radio show) online when I always could before. Tried to troubleshoot. Reset IE8 and still no joy. It works just fine with Google Chrome so I know it is related to IE8. Just created a new account (standard vs. my admin) and of...
Browsers & Mail
My Win7 computer behaves weird!
Hello geeks! Basically, I have no problems or issues with my Win7 computers. It's just that sometimes they behave really odd, without logic. I thought it would be interesting to collect these weird stories here. I'll begin: I have Logitech wireless keyboard / mouse combos in every computer...
Chillout Room
Changing how the taskbar behaves
I've spent the past few hours making 7 act the way I want it to (slapping it around, as my roommate elegantly puts it), but there's still 3 things I would like to know how to do: 1) remove the window preview when I mouseover a taskbar icon. I did some searching and found lots of solutions that...
Customization

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:41.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App