Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Wiindows 7 64 bit High CPU Usage and stuttering

23 Mar 2013   #1
Everfader

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 
Wiindows 7 64 bit High CPU Usage and stuttering

I recently installed windows 64 bit on my computer, it installed fine but I am getting this extremely high cpu usage for no reason, even games really stutter. So I got all of the updates and disables mscorsvw.exe , disable the windows media player network sharing service and the HD audio controller which worked for some people but it has not done anything unfortunatly. My specs are 500w power supply which is bronze certified which has one amp on the 12v rail. an lenovo a55 8985 with a Core 2 duo E6300 1.86 ghz 4gb or ddr2 ram, an evga 8800gts 512 video card.

I even tried installed a 32bit version of windows 7 but I get the exact same problem , windows xp works though.

Is there anything I could do ?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Mar 2013   #2
Sir George

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Everfader View Post
I recently installed windows 64 bit on my computer, it installed fine but I am getting this extremely high cpu usage for no reason, even games really stutter. So I got all of the updates and disables mscorsvw.exe , disable the windows media player network sharing service and the HD audio controller which worked for some people but it has not done anything unfortunatly. My specs are 500w power supply which is bronze certified which has one amp on the 12v rail. an lenovo a55 8985 with a Core 2 duo E6300 1.86 ghz 4gb or ddr2 ram, an evga 8800gts 512 video card.

I even tried installed a 32bit version of windows 7 but I get the exact same problem , windows xp works though.

Is there anything I could do ?
Your post makes no mention of any attempt to determine what is using the resources. See if the following helps;

How do I find out what program is using all my CPU?

HTH
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Mar 2013   #3
Everfader

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sir George View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Everfader View Post
I recently installed windows 64 bit on my computer, it installed fine but I am getting this extremely high cpu usage for no reason, even games really stutter. So I got all of the updates and disables mscorsvw.exe , disable the windows media player network sharing service and the HD audio controller which worked for some people but it has not done anything unfortunatly. My specs are 500w power supply which is bronze certified which has one amp on the 12v rail. an lenovo a55 8985 with a Core 2 duo E6300 1.86 ghz 4gb or ddr2 ram, an evga 8800gts 512 video card.

I even tried installed a 32bit version of windows 7 but I get the exact same problem , windows xp works though.

Is there anything I could do ?
Your post makes no mention of any attempt to determine what is using the resources. See if the following helps;

How do I find out what program is using all my CPU?

HTH
hey thanks for the reply here is an image of process explorer Sorry I am a noob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


23 Mar 2013   #4
crankypenguin

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Is it me or does anyone else not see any image posted Everfader, I think you may have forgotten to add the image / screencap of your task manager. If you don't know how show us the pic, you can use a place like imgur.com to host your image and copy the link over here
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Mar 2013   #5
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

Preferred way of uploading a image to this form IMO.

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Mar 2013   #6
Everfader

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
Preferred way of uploading a image to this form IMO.

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

sorry for the delay here are the screen shots , I would like to thank you for the link on to how to upload screenshots on windows 7 forums


-processexplorer.png


Attached Thumbnails
-processexplorer1.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Mar 2013   #7
crankypenguin

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

I have googled some more for you and came across this solution, maybe you could see if this helps you any? *I have solved this, IDE ATA/ATAPI driver problem. A loose SATA connection caused the HDD driver to revert to slowest mode: PIO. I went to control panel> system> Hardware >device manager and looked at the properties of eachIDE channel under advanced settings. The second Primary IDE channel had "PIO only" under Current Transfer Mode. I uninstalled the driver and rebooted. Windows XP automatically repaired the driver and set it to Ultra DMA mode 6, and the problem was solved.*

Also, sorry Layback bear
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Mar 2013   #8
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

I would suggest starting with closing all those web pages. You are using a lot of Chrome and I.E.
Could you give us a picture of this before and after closing all the web use.
How often do you reboot your computer?

-resource-monitor-ram.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Mar 2013   #9
barton

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Could it be indexing?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Mar 2013   #10
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

Indexing should only be occurring when the computer is on with low usage. Unless the user has asked Windows 7 to rebuild the index.

I did notice that GFI anti malware and Malwarebytes Anti Malware are both running.

This will help. Pay close attendsion to #7 & 8

Optimize Windows 7
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Wiindows 7 64 bit High CPU Usage and stuttering




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Stuttering sound - dxgkrnl.exe high ISR rate
Hi, I have audio stutterings since I foolishly tried to install windows 8.1 6 months ago, reinstalled windows 7 since I didn't have stuttering in that, still having the problem. I have installed all drivers/updated bios and I am lost now. EDIT: It stutters randomly, every once in a while My...
Hardware & Devices
Very high CPU usage, causing very high laptop CPU temps (90c idle)
This problem began yesterday. I noticed my CPU was at 90C constantly with very high CPU usage (>50%). I had no major programs running. I rebooted several times and the program persisted. 1. I went into safe mode and everything was normal. So this rules out hardware issues. 2. I reformatted and...
Performance & Maintenance
Computer stuttering randomly. And high Latency on windows 7
I recently formatted my hard drive and did a clean install of windows 7. Lately ive noticed that while watching youtube videos or listening to music in windows media player, ill get these random stutter moments where the computer just seems to slow down for a second. It makes my audio/ video/...
Hardware & Devices
Stuttering Sound and Images and Cpu Usage sporadically raises
Sporadically my computer stutters in sound when listening music and whether or not i'm in game my sound and game stutters. my FPS drops and it just sounds like bzazaghga. My CPU gauge also sporadically jumps and instead of being at 2-5% when i first initially bought it.Sometimes it goes that...
Performance & Maintenance
Unknown CPU Usage Causing Stuttering Audio
Hey there. So I've been having this problem where my CPU is constantly hovering at around 30% usage, and after investigating with ProcessExplorer and Task Manager, I've found that the process responsible for most of it is the "System" process in \system32 (the description says "NT Kernel &...
General Discussion
Windows 7 random CPU usage and high physical memory usage!!!
Ok, I am literally KILLING myself over this! I installed Windows 7 64Bit over XP around a month ago and it was so good that I recommended it to my brother who was previously on XP too. We got him a copy of the 32bit version as he has only 2gb of memory, and he installed it on his machine....
Performance & Maintenance

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:32.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App