Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Asus zenbook ux32v long boot times, and when coming out of sleep etc.


11 Apr 2013   #1
gtza

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.
 
 
Asus zenbook ux32v long boot times, and when coming out of sleep etc.

Hi

I have the above brand new computer which I have used for a few months. After the windows icon loads there is about 5 min of inactivity, before the HDD light shows activity, from which it boots normally.

It also takes very long when coming out sleep and hibernation, and often fails to go into ones of these modes at all.

I've read that it's "hybrid SSD" drive sometimes has driver compatibility issues, or that a DRIVER POWER FAILURE STATE error is sometimes responsible, but I haven't seen such an error myself (nor a solution online). I have updated to the latest drivers on the ASUS page but the problem persists

Any ideas?

Thank you.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2013   #2
windude99

Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gtza View Post
Hi

I have the above brand new computer which I have used for a few months. After the windows icon loads there is about 5 min of inactivity, before the HDD light shows activity, from which it boots normally.

It also takes very long when coming out sleep and hibernation, and often fails to go into ones of these modes at all.

I've read that it's "hybrid SSD" drive sometimes has driver compatibility issues, or that a DRIVER POWER FAILURE STATE error is sometimes responsible, but I haven't seen such an error myself (nor a solution online). I have updated to the latest drivers on the ASUS page but the problem persists

Any ideas?

Thank you.
Try these tutorials: Optimize Windows 7
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
After that, run a full scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware: Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Apr 2013   #3
gtza

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.
 
 

Thanks Windude. I went through each step and the problem still persists

Any other ideas?

I have googled the problem and found people with a similar issue (but no solutions..)

e.g. very slow boot up/start up windows 7 asus zenbook UX32VD - CNET Windows 7 Forums

Hang on Restart/Shut Down, Slow Boot Times !!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2013   #4
windude99

Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gtza View Post
Thanks Windude. I went through each step and the problem still persists

Any other ideas?

I have googled the problem and found people with a similar issue (but no solutions..)

e.g. very slow boot up/start up windows 7 asus zenbook UX32VD - CNET Windows 7 Forums

Hang on Restart/Shut Down, Slow Boot Times !!
Did you do the things I suggested after the Optimize Windows 7 tutorial?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2013   #5
gtza

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by windude99 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gtza View Post
Thanks Windude. I went through each step and the problem still persists

Any other ideas?

I have googled the problem and found people with a similar issue (but no solutions..)

e.g. very slow boot up/start up windows 7 asus zenbook UX32VD - CNET Windows 7 Forums

Hang on Restart/Shut Down, Slow Boot Times !!
Did you do the things I suggested after the Optimize Windows 7 tutorial?
Yes, almost all of them (excluding things like install more RAM - the laptop is high spec)...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2013   #6
windude99

Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gtza View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by windude99 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gtza View Post
Thanks Windude. I went through each step and the problem still persists

Any other ideas?

I have googled the problem and found people with a similar issue (but no solutions..)

e.g. very slow boot up/start up windows 7 asus zenbook UX32VD - CNET Windows 7 Forums

Hang on Restart/Shut Down, Slow Boot Times !!
Did you do the things I suggested after the Optimize Windows 7 tutorial?
Yes, almost all of them (excluding things like install more RAM - the laptop is high spec)...
I was talking about the things in my post, not the tutorial. )The sfc /scannow scan and the full scan with Malwarebytes)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2013   #7
sverne

win7 64bit
 
 

What AV are you using, since Avast can cause this.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 May 2013   #8
gtza

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by windude99 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gtza View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by windude99 View Post
Did you do the things I suggested after the Optimize Windows 7 tutorial?
Yes, almost all of them (excluding things like install more RAM - the laptop is high spec)...
I was talking about the things in my post, not the tutorial. )The sfc /scannow scan and the full scan with Malwarebytes)
Hi Windude

I did the sfc scan, and I got a message saying there are errors, but they could not be fixed. I have uploaded the log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/17h6yyarkw5d3tp/CBS.log Does this perhaps help? I restarted after doing this and there are still very long delays. The Malware bytes scan was clean.



Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sverne View Post
What AV are you using, since Avast can cause this.
I use AVG.

Thanks!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 May 2013   #9
gregrocker
Microsoft MVP

 

Try changing to Microsoft Security Essentials.

Then go over these Sleep Mode Problems - Vista Forums

Make sure you have the latest Display driver from optional WIndows Updates or the device's Support Downloads webpage.

If nothing helps then you can see what's happening by Gathering a Startup, Shutdown, Sleep, Hibernate, or Reboot Trace - Windows 7 Forums
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 May 2013   #10
ghswbn

Windows 8 X64
 
 

i have same issue , problem is it takes a while to boot up....between 3min and 8min with an blank black screen before the showing asus LOGO
and i can`t find 24GB SSD in UEFI and bios setup
urgently need a help
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Asus zenbook ux32v long boot times, and when coming out of sleep etc.




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Asus zenbook ux32v long boot times, and when coming out of sleep etc.
Thread Forum
How long does the battery last for the Asus ZENBOOK UX32VD Laptop? General Discussion
Slow boot up/start up windows 7 home premium asus zenbook UX32VD General Discussion
Start up freezing long boot times Performance & Maintenance
SSD and SATA HDD get switched?! Windows boot problem on ASUS Zenbook Hardware & Devices
windows boot problem on ASUS Zenbook SSD and SATA HDD get switched?! BSOD Help and Support
ASUS ZENBOOK recovery partition backup? Backup and Restore
Solved Long shutdown and sleep times, hangs Performance & Maintenance

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App