|19 May 2013||#1|
| || |
Missing 18 GB on Boot Drive
I've seen a number of threads on this topic but they haven't helped.
I have a 119 GB SSD as my boot drive, which Properties reports as having 79.3 GB used. However, only 61 GB of files show up when selected via Ctrl-A.
• I have made all hidden/system files visible
• I have turned off Hibernation and there is no hibernation file on the drive
• I have moved the pagefile to another drive and while there is a 262 MB "swapfile.sys" on the boot drive, this doesn't account for the missing GBs
• System Restore has never been turned on and there are no restore points
• Chkdsk reported no bad sectors
• I have looked at the disk with WinDirStat and it indicates that I have only 61 GB of files and there is no single 18 GB file (the amount missing)
• I have about 900 MB of Windows 7 patches (again, not enough to account for the missing GBs)
I am stumped. Suggestions? TIA.
|My System Specs|
|21 May 2013||#10|
| || |
SSD drives can have a small partition for what Samsung calls Over Provisioning.
The Over Provisioning menu provides options for resizing partitions on the disk. The SSD will perform better and last longer if it has free space available to use as swap space, and this utility will help you set aside such space by resizing the partitions on your drive. Swap space is used to perform routine SSD maintenance (TRIM and Garbage Collection) in the background during idle time, allowing the SSD Controller to prepare free blocks for the OS to use in the future. Because the SSD performs best when writing to free blocks, the result is a better user experience through reduced wait time
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Missing 18 GB on Boot Drive|
|Bootmgr.exe missing... mpio.sys missing or corrupted. Unable to boot||General Discussion|
|Restore points missing from windows 7 after i boot in Xp(dual boot)||Performance & Maintenance|
|Boot drive missing ~20GB||Performance & Maintenance|
|Boot Manager missing when no disc in disc drive||General Discussion|
|Window 7 Mirrored Boot Drive Failed Redundancy "The Plex is Missing"||Backup and Restore|
|HARD DRIVE not booting _ boot mgr missing msg comes up||BSOD Help and Support|
|Missing boot menu and missing data partition||Installation & Setup|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 AM.