Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: ReBoot Time [2]

01 May 2013   #1
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 
ReBoot Time [2]

Note   Note
Continued from - ReBoot Time


Whats your Restart Time?


Turns out the Sabertooth is a fairly fast booting board.




Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 May 2013   #2
kbrady1979

Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
 
 

Looks like you have a solid motherboard for sure Paul!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 May 2013   #3
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kbrady1979 View Post
Looks like you have a solid motherboard for sure Paul!
Thanks Kelly, how does your reboot time compare? I assume it should be very similar or maybe a little faster seeing as you have no GPU to load up?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


01 May 2013   #4
kbrady1979

Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kbrady1979 View Post
Looks like you have a solid motherboard for sure Paul!
Thanks Kelly, how does your reboot time compare? I assume it should be very similar or maybe a little faster seeing as you have no GPU to load up?

Quickest time I remember on this setup was 22-23 seconds. One year old Windows installation as well as the new BIOS revision......I actually think the last BIOS was faster lol. Plenty fast enough for me......as I don't reboot that often. The big hit in reboot time for me were those ASMedia drivers.

Name:  Reboot Time 5-1-2013.JPG
Views: 385
Size:  15.5 KB


My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 May 2013   #5
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kbrady1979 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kbrady1979 View Post
Looks like you have a solid motherboard for sure Paul!
Thanks Kelly, how does your reboot time compare? I assume it should be very similar or maybe a little faster seeing as you have no GPU to load up?

Quickest time I remember on this setup was 22-23 seconds. One year old Windows installation as well as the new BIOS revision......I actually think the last BIOS was faster lol. Plenty fast enough for me......as I don't reboot that often. The big hit in reboot time for me were those ASMedia drivers.

Attachment 266338
Yes, thanks again for letting me know about them, saved me a lot of time!

What bios revision are you running? I have not checked to see if mine is the latest, I doubt it is, mine is 1708.

Paul.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 May 2013   #6
kbrady1979

Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
 
 

I updated to vers. 1908 a couple of weeks ago (release date of 4/11/13) and it has been running fine. Vers. 1805 is really stable as well. If you want to update, either of those should be fine.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 May 2013   #7
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kbrady1979 View Post
I updated to vers. 1908 a couple of weeks ago (release date of 4/11/13) and it has been running fine. Vers. 1805 is really stable as well. If you want to update, either of those should be fine.
Thanks, I will take a look at them soon. Seems to be running fine at the moment so I will enjoy it for a little while first.

Paul.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 May 2013   #8
kbrady1979

Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
 
 

Yeah, I don't think I would touch it as good as everything is running......what a beastly setup!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 May 2013   #9
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Here is one showing the difference of Windows 8 boot and operation compared to a Mint boot and operation on exactly the same configuration under VMware Player. Needed to do it under VMware Player for recording. The time before the OS logo appears is VMware setup time and must be disregarded.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 May 2013   #10
spencer1

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

The Hitachi hard drive was failing in my HP desktop (3 days left on warranty!). HP promptly sent me a Seagate replacement. Now my boot times are consistently faster than before. Wow. Seagate has double the cache of the Hitachi. Could this be why booting is faster?


Attached Thumbnails
-2013-05-13-20_01_53-greenshot.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 ReBoot Time [2]




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
ReBoot Time
Whats your Restart Time?
Performance & Maintenance
Reboot time excessive
I have a Dell Precision M6600 w/ 16 gigs of Ram and 750 GB HD. I run win 7 pro 64bit. After having to replace the HD and re-installing all drivers, the system takes 320 seconds to do a re-boot. Otherwise the machine works great. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could cause this or...
Performance & Maintenance
Reboot Time Problem
i went into Event Viewer>Applications and Services>Microsoft>Windows>Diagnostics-Performance>Operational and it listed a bunch of errors. let me show you the screen shot. I have been having slow start up times and I don't know why considering I just ran a clean install yesterday. Any help on...
Performance & Maintenance
How do I improve reboot time
I bought new Inspiron N5110 i7,4gb ram,500gb hard disk,1gb Nvidia gt525m graphic card, its reboot time is more than 2 minutes. Pls help how can I improve it. Its performance is also low somtimes.Pls help. Thanks.
Performance & Maintenance
Time random after reboot
Whenever I reboot my time is random, how can I fix this? And yes, I've set it to the right time before rebooting.
General Discussion
Reboot time app problem
Hello, My friend is having a problem with the reboot time app posted here. It is showing her like 86 seconds but it only take 50 secconds. The app works fine on my machine. Any ideas as to why it is not working correctly on her machine? I know that the vbs was already unblocked. Thanks for any...
Performance & Maintenance

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:26.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App