Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: What's your CPU compression rate

08 Mar 2014   #81
nobodyspecial

Windows
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by madcratebuilder View Post
I didn't do pre-post on my 8350 build and regretted it, remembered this time.
.nobodyspecial find sweetspot for his 8350 it is 262x18 for 24/7 use :]


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
12 Mar 2014   #82
emmett82

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

is this score any good


Attached Images
What's your CPU compression rate-0erwph2.png 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Mar 2014   #83
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by emmett82 View Post
is this score any good
If you look back at previous posts you will find the answer.
If this is from your 4770K system, that's not very good.

This is from my 2550K running at 4.6GHz.

What's your CPU compression rate-cpu-compression-2550k.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Mar 2014   #84
Stephanie

Win 7 Pro x64, Win 10 Pro x64, Linux Light x86
 
 

Mine


Attached Images
What's your CPU compression rate-000884.jpg 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Mar 2014   #85
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
Mine
A pink cmd window.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Mar 2014   #86
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by emmett82 View Post
is this score any good
I don't know if you are joking or not.

But no it is not a good score emmett, I would expect that kind of score to be from a single core CPU from maybe 10-15 years ago. I am sure it is not from the CPU in your system specs lol. Perhaps you can enlighten us with the CPU used?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Mar 2014   #87
emmett82

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by emmett82 View Post
is this score any good
If you look back at previous posts you will find the answer.
If this is from your 4770K system, that's not very good.

This is from my 2550K running at 4.6GHz.

Attachment 310082
how would i fix it and fore some reason 2 of my cores are parked.
i posted a thread about it but no one replied
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Mar 2014   #88
emmett82

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 
4770K cpu problems

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by emmett82 View Post
is this score any good
I don't know if you are joking or not.

But no it is not a good score emmett, I would expect that kind of score to be from a single core CPU from maybe 10-15 years ago. I am sure it is not from the CPU in your system specs lol. Perhaps you can enlighten us with the CPU used?
honestly im not joking and i didnt even know bout that compresion thingy.. i really do have a 4770K but somethings ****ed up for some reason every program that i tried that isnt tied into windows report that their is 2 cores and 4 threads. i tried unparking the cores but that did NOTHING to help. im tempter to install teamviewer and having some one on the forum give a crack at trying to fix it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Mar 2014   #89
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by emmett82 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by emmett82 View Post
is this score any good
I don't know if you are joking or not.

But no it is not a good score emmett, I would expect that kind of score to be from a single core CPU from maybe 10-15 years ago. I am sure it is not from the CPU in your system specs lol. Perhaps you can enlighten us with the CPU used?
honestly im not joking and i didnt even know bout that compresion thingy.. i really do have a 4770K but somethings ****ed up for some reason every program that i tried that isnt tied into windows report that their is 2 cores and 4 threads. i tried unparking the cores but that did NOTHING to help. im tempter to install teamviewer and having some one on the forum give a crack at trying to fix it.
Ok emmett, that's not good then. I will have a think about it.

How is the pc performing for general use right now? What score do you get in WEI for the CPU?

Paul.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Mar 2014   #90
ganjiry

Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

@ Emmett
Here is what my 4770k scores @ 4.5Ghz with the same mobo as you.


Attached Images
What's your CPU compression rate-winsat-cpu-compression.jpg 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 What's your CPU compression rate




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
compression ?
hey once i've compressed a file, how do i uncompress it? thanks
Backup and Restore
Compression Zip Folder Error
I cannot get the Compression Tool to work. I receive the following message: Thanks for any help!
General Discussion
Image Compression
I haven't been backing up my video collection, due to it's size (~1565GBs), because I didn't want to dedicate that much hard drive space to that task, but after looking at the compression options in TI, that could be reduced to ~898GBs, so that it would fit on a 1TB drive, with some room to spare. ...
Backup and Restore
Disabling ntfs compression/win 7 hp
I am interested in whether or not disabling NTFS compression In Win 7 Home Premium would noticeably improve disk data transfer rate and or wear on hard drive. My WEI is 5.9:sarc:
Performance & Maintenance
File Compression
In looking for a means to backup my movies volume (~750GB), prior to sending that hard drive in for RMA, I decided to see if I could place them on a smaller drive (500GB), first by using True Image's Cloning feature (I was hoping that it would be able to compress the files enough), which failed. ...
Performance & Maintenance
Files Compression
is it okay to compress files/folders? is it advisable to do that on Program Files, maybe?
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:54.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App