MY PC is exhibiting very slow behavior, but only when using the OS. Installed 3rd party software seems to be running fine.
- When I Double-click on "My Computer" it will not open for 10-20 seconds. After opening I can close it; and it will then open immediately upon double-clicking a second time. All sub-directories open quickly.
- If I repeat the process again 20 minutes later it will then exhibit the slow response again.
- Many times if I right click to create a new folder within a directory, the new folder will not display until I refresh the view via F5.
I have completed the following procedures to try to fix.
- Run CHKDSK
- RUN SFC /SCANNOW
- Repair install of OS
- Turned indexing off & on
- Eliminated start up apps to bare minimum
- Uninstalled all but essential software
Nothing has had any effect. Trying to fix this without having to do a clean install.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.