Quote: Originally Posted by Sybex9
I have found the problem on my system, the problem was caused by Kaspersky Internet Security 2010, the very latest update release, hope this will help anyone else out with the same problems, please repost if it fixes your problems.
yes, i can confirm this.
i've been running various flavours of 7 for several months with kis 2010 126.96.36.1993, with zero problems with wei.
however, my new install, with kis 188.8.131.526, has made it impossible for me to measure my wei.
so i tried uninstalling, and guess what, i got a wei result. simply pausing protection or exiting the program was not enough - a full uninstall was needed.
i hope kaspersky fix this soon, in the meantime i've gone back to kis v463.
i'll do some research on the kaspersky forums and report back if i learn anything useful.
wei is pretty useless anyway, and everything else seems to work ok, but it's still a bit bothersome...