During Install - it would hang when it was getting set to do the final reboot, and if I forced it (even after waiting 2 hours the first time) Windows 7 gave me an error and asked for me to boot from the DVD and restart my install.
Weird, since Vista never once coughed at my OC - then again, I did have my OC toned down a bit, to 3.21 GHz instead of 3.375, that may also have been a factor....
Yeah, I did that - no change.
But, I figured it out. Thanks to this post http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d....html#post9814
I found the answer - and I haven't even applied Dave's tweak yet.
Many of us, especially OCers, tend to disable Native Command Queuing in the BIOS - however, I just found out that Windows 7 has it enabled as an option for our SATA controllers. Whether this is from the nVidia drivers or native, I don't know - I suspect native because of the dramatic results I am about to show you:
My original Build 7000 WEI: Attachment 1900
So, seeing Dave's post made me think - perhaps there is another
tweak. Sure enough, take a look at your SATA controllers in Device Manager. See the following window captur and the attached Speed Test
: Attachment 1901Attachment 1902
Now, if you uncheck Command Queuing
, initially nothing happens if you run a speed test - because a reboot is required
. However, notice the *dramatic
* speed changes after removing Command Queuing and the requisite reboot: Attachment 1903Attachment 1904
I say that the drop in sustained speed
compared to the *massive
in the burst speed
- and, as I suspected, the WEI is based more on burst
And, finally, my new WEI: Attachment 1905
Again, this is without
Dave's tweak - I am going to see if that makes a difference or not - I suspect I'll be back in the 6.9 range with it also performed.