Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Show Us Your WEI

11 Jan 2009   #261
johngalt

 

From what I have seen thus far, only nForce based mobos using nForce drivers get that on controllers that have Seagate / Maxtor attached drives.

However, if someone else finds a different way to fix that then I know of quite a few more people who will be happy (including me, cause that means I can go ahead and get the x58/Core I7 Extreme / DDR3 I want)....


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
11 Jan 2009   #262
I2aMpAnT

Microsoft Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by johngalt View Post
From what I have seen thus far, only nForce based mobos using nForce drivers get that on controllers that have Seagate / Maxtor attached drives.

However, if someone else finds a different way to fix that then I know of quite a few more people who will be happy (including me, cause that means I can go ahead and get the x58/Core I7 Extreme / DDR3 I want)....

LOL, why do you have to wait for that to be fixed to get a new setup?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jan 2009   #263
johngalt

 

Because the HD is already a bottleneck as it is, and with the *extremely* poor performance that it gives with the Command Queuing enabled it would make the new set up feel way too sluggish.

Without Command Queuing disabled on my current rig, my reboot time was in the high 80s - with it enabled I shave almost 20 seconds off that....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Jan 2009   #264
I2aMpAnT

Microsoft Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by johngalt View Post
Because the HD is already a bottleneck as it is, and with the *extremely* poor performance that it gives with the Command Queuing enabled it would make the new set up feel way too sluggish.

Without Command Queuing disabled on my current rig, my reboot time was in the high 80s - with it enabled I shave almost 20 seconds off that....
So use Vista...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jan 2009   #265
johngalt

 

Vista I was getting reboot times in the high 80s and low 90s to begin with - but Vista allows me to install Symantec SEP 11, whereas W7 don't like it....

Plus, I like living on the bleeding edge....as I said, this is now my main, primary, hell *only* OS.... - installed, that is....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jan 2009   #266
I2aMpAnT

Microsoft Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by johngalt View Post
Vista I was getting reboot times in the high 80s and low 90s to begin with - but Vista allows me to install Symantec SEP 11, whereas W7 don't like it....

Plus, I like living on the bleeding edge....as I said, this is now my main, primary, hell *only* OS.... - installed, that is....

I wouldn't let a Beta of anything keep me from getting an i7 System :-P
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jan 2009   #267
Snoman

Win7 7000 x64
 
 

Greetings all. Interesting info in this thread. Any thoughts on the ram in my results? It is OCZ Reaper HPC DDR3 running at 1333 with 6-6-6-18 timings. I thought it would be a little better than that. Is it due to only having 2GB?


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jan 2009   #268
Freelancer852

Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
Greetings all. Interesting info in this thread. Any thoughts on the ram in my results? It is OCZ Reaper HPC DDR3 running at 1333 with 6-6-6-18 timings. I thought it would be a little better than that. Is it due to only having 2GB?
I would assume the rating is limited because of the "lack" of RAM. Since the specs on those modules are fairly high.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jan 2009   #269
cartel

Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

FX-60 still kicking a$$
AGP right up there


-win-7-2009001.gif


My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jan 2009   #270
z3r010

 

You found the right forum this time cartel

Welcome m8
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Show Us Your WEI




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Show Us Your Rig [8]
Spring is on and is beautifully sunny, flowered trees are green and diffuse their scents...:) My desk is lightened by...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Subfolders does not show in OWA, but show in Outlook.
Hi! Running server 2008 with exchange server. The user is using both OWA webmail and local Outlook. User got multiple inbox's to access, 1 personal and 2 for the company. The personal one got subfolders which shows in OWA, but the problem is the other folders. They are only needed by this 1...
Microsoft Office
HDDs Show in BIOS, But Do Not Show in Disk Management
Hello, A newbie here that just completed a first-time new Win7 PC build. Successful installation of Win7 Pro on WD 600GB 10000 system drive. Went back and installed 4 additional HDD. (2) WD Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM and (2) WD Caviar 7200 500GB HDD from XP system that were used for storage. ...
Hardware & Devices
Show us your Wig
:haha:
Chillout Room
backup files will only show up if i click show hidden files and folder
Hey Guys, I cannot find a soultion to this problem. I was using my desktop like normal then an error came up saying that there was a hdd failure, and that i needed to scan for errors. all my files disappeared and only this error would come up. There would be hundreds of the same msg spamed on my...
Backup and Restore
show hidden folders show file extensions thru registry
I am trying to setup a default user or machine setup for how win7 handles folder view options. I want show hidden folders to be set to on for all users and the hide extensions for know file types to be unchecked or turned off ffor all users (so extensions show) I have located them in the registry...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App