Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Show Us Your WEI

29 Mar 2009   #631
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Hello SK.


Oh, I'm not I just think it strange they reverted back to 5.9 in the last two (that I've had) builds; 7057 and now 7068.
















Later Ted


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
29 Mar 2009   #632
Jaqie

Windows 7 Beta (and others, multiboot)
 
 

I think my little box did quite well for herself...



Note for those asking: Tifa (this box) got the same score for everything in 7057 and 7068 builds.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Mar 2009   #633
bloke

Windows 7 7600 x64 (16385) Ultimate,Windows Vista x64 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jaqie View Post
I think my little box did quite well for herself...



Note for those asking: Tifa (this box) got the same score for everything in 7057 and 7068 builds.
can you notice much difference between 7057 and 7068?

hey your little Tifa got a pretty big score, plus its nice to see the scores are pretty much even across the board! mine jump all over the place.

id be interested in what sort of overclock you can get. the smaller cpus get great results for some reason.
i built our work computer using an e2140 1.6ghz 1mb L2 running at 2.66ghz with the stock fan, when i was building it i stressed tested it with orthos, p95 and intel burn test for about 24 hours each program and it was running sweet. never went above 61c with the box setup (cpu was lapped of course) mind you it doesnt do a great deal here except some browsing and account software. i was just amazed at how high i could get it with a stock fan and the cheapest dual core i could get at the time. ($90aud). its also running on a cheap asus p5n-mx all in 1 board!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Mar 2009   #634
Jaqie

Windows 7 Beta (and others, multiboot)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bloke View Post
can you notice much difference between 7057 and 7068?
Seems a tad snappier and some artificial benchmarks noted a small improvement in speed of various subsystems, that's about it.
Quote:
hey your little Tifa got a pretty big score, plus its nice to see the scores are pretty much even across the board! mine jump all over the place.
Yah im really proud, I spent tons of time researching every part I got new (always do) but since there were no reviews on the little e1500 (it was released q4 2008) I had to read the whitepapers on it. EUGH I hate reading whitepapers, turn my mind to clay, but it was enough to convince me that it was the cpu to get for me for now.
Quote:
id be interested in what sort of overclock you can get. the smaller cpus get great results for some reason.
Thats because of a process called speed binning... google it, it's fascinating what they do! I was going to play with overclocking when I get a new heatsink. I want a large heatpipe one (something like the scythe ninja) and some time to play before I get a core2 quad and relegate this CPU to a mini ITX box yet to be built.
Quote:
i built our work computer using an e2140 1.6ghz 1mb L2 running at 2.66ghz with the stock fan, when i was building it i stressed tested it with orthos, p95 and intel burn test for about 24 hours each program and it was running sweet. never went above 61c with the box setup (cpu was lapped of course) mind you it doesnt do a great deal here except some browsing and account software. i was just amazed at how high i could get it with a stock fan and the cheapest dual core i could get at the time. ($90aud). its also running on a cheap asus p5n-mx all in 1 board!
yeah. with the OEM HSF and intelligently designed case I modded for even better low-sound airflow, this CPU never gets over 50C even when I am running everything 100% for hours (including video which actually puts out more heat then this CPU!)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Mar 2009   #635
magnus

Windows 7 build 7068
 
 
WEI dependencies..?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Hello SK.


Oh, I'm not I just think it strange they reverted back to 5.9 in the last two (that I've had) builds; 7057 and now 7068.

Later Ted

I have a rating of up to 7.9 here with 7068... Or is it just saying so? I have a hard time believing that my 5200rpm satadrive is good for a 5.3 WEI if the index maxes out on 5.9...
Anyway, my question was this.... Does the amount of memory have anything to do with the score you get? I have 2gb DDR2 running at 1243MHz and only getting about 5.6 WEI score... Think thats a bit odd!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Mar 2009   #636
Jaqie

Windows 7 Beta (and others, multiboot)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by magnus View Post
I have a hard time believing that my 5200rpm satadrive is good for a 5.3 WEI
What size is it? a lot of people don't seem to understand that hard drives nowadays performance is based mostly on arial density, not on spindle speed. take a 20gb 5400RPM drive, and read the outermost cylinders and get a slow data rate... take a 1.5TB 5400RPM drive and read the same cylinders that are spinning about the same speed as the 20GB's and you get one helluva lot more data out of it at the same time. Spindle speed now is not very determinant of off-platter transfer rate.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Mar 2009   #637
magnus

Windows 7 build 7068
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jaqie View Post
What size is it? a lot of people don't seem to understand that hard drives nowadays performance is based mostly on arial density, not on spindle speed. take a 20gb 5400RPM drive, and read the outermost cylinders and get a slow data rate... take a 1.5TB 5400RPM drive and read the same cylinders that are spinning about the same speed as the 20GB's and you get one helluva lot more data out of it at the same time. Spindle speed now is not very determinant of off-platter transfer rate.
It is a 160Gb 2.5" drive in my laptop. Does this mean that the WEI isn't very reliable when it comes to HDD benchmarking? What about memory testing? Does the amount (or any other factors except speed/latency) have a say in the score?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Mar 2009   #638
Jaqie

Windows 7 Beta (and others, multiboot)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by magnus View Post
It is a 160Gb 2.5" drive in my laptop. Does this mean that the WEI isn't very reliable when it comes to HDD benchmarking? What about memory testing? Does the amount (or any other factors except speed/latency) have a say in the score?
Heh. it's not anywhere even remotely close to anything resembling reliable for ANY benchmarking. There are quite a few articles on tech sites lambasting it for just such idiocities. It's nothing more then a pretty number to laugh at, which my score should show.

If you want real benchmarking, run a real app benchmarking system. No, not something like sisoft or pcmark.

(a note about earlier, when I said I was proud, I meant proud of my system not of the "score" I got)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Mar 2009   #639
magnus

Windows 7 build 7068
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jaqie View Post
Heh. it's not anywhere even remotely close to anything resembling reliable for ANY benchmarking. There are quite a few articles on tech sites lambasting it for just such idiocities. It's nothing more then a pretty number to laugh at, which my score should show.

If you want real benchmarking, run a real app benchmarking system. No, not something like sisoft or pcmark.

(a note about earlier, when I said I was proud, I meant proud of my system not of the "score" I got)
OK. Thanks for good answers!
I did think that WEI wasn't any good for extensive benchmarking, but I did hope that it had some useful aspects after all. I usually benchmark with everest and find that quite good.

I'm gonna try one more time to ask the question I registered here to ask...
Does the size of installed memory have anything to say when it comes to Memory WEI?

And yeah... Here is my WEI


Attached Thumbnails
-untitled.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Mar 2009   #640
langhusgade

Windows 7 x64
 
 
Windows 7 7068 x64 WEI

-capture.jpgHer is my WEI


My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Show Us Your WEI




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Show Us Your Rig [8]
Spring is on and is beautifully sunny, flowered trees are green and diffuse their scents...:) My desk is lightened by...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Subfolders does not show in OWA, but show in Outlook.
Hi! Running server 2008 with exchange server. The user is using both OWA webmail and local Outlook. User got multiple inbox's to access, 1 personal and 2 for the company. The personal one got subfolders which shows in OWA, but the problem is the other folders. They are only needed by this 1...
Microsoft Office
HDDs Show in BIOS, But Do Not Show in Disk Management
Hello, A newbie here that just completed a first-time new Win7 PC build. Successful installation of Win7 Pro on WD 600GB 10000 system drive. Went back and installed 4 additional HDD. (2) WD Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM and (2) WD Caviar 7200 500GB HDD from XP system that were used for storage. ...
Hardware & Devices
Show us your Wig
:haha:
Chillout Room
backup files will only show up if i click show hidden files and folder
Hey Guys, I cannot find a soultion to this problem. I was using my desktop like normal then an error came up saying that there was a hdd failure, and that i needed to scan for errors. all my files disappeared and only this error would come up. There would be hundreds of the same msg spamed on my...
Backup and Restore
show hidden folders show file extensions thru registry
I am trying to setup a default user or machine setup for how win7 handles folder view options. I want show hidden folders to be set to on for all users and the hide extensions for know file types to be unchecked or turned off ffor all users (so extensions show) I have located them in the registry...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App