Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows Files Corrupt

14 Jul 2015   #61
Max0101010

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoelDP View Post
You have a LOT of errors originating from your Razor Synapse installation - I would recommend uninstalling it.

Also - your Performance counters appear to be corrupt -
Quote:
To rebuild the list of counters in the registry:
1.Click Start, expand All Programs, and expand Accessories.
2.Right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
3.At the command prompt, type lodctr /r, and then press ENTER.
Something is regularly causing massive disk problems - possibly the result of multiple crashes that haven't been addressed, or perhaps from malware.


Let's see how much difference the above makes before attempting to delve deeper - but as far as I can see there's no mention of a problem there with the file that autoruns is complaining about.
Razer Synapse is my mouse drivers so I cannot really uninstall that.
My computer has not really crashed at all. I did have a hardware related problem and had some crashes then but that was 8 months ago. Never had any malware and ran a scan still no malware. I have run the commands you said. The problem with the file is that it is completely missing not even found in its proper directory or not on the disk at all.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
14 Jul 2015   #62
NoelDP

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 x64 Home Premium (and x86 VirtualBox VM)/Win10
 
 

I can guarantee that your mouse will work after installing the Razor Synapse drivers.
It simply will not attempt to put all your settings in some kind of cloud storage (which I can't help thinking is a mistake in the first place!)

SFC didn't have any problems with the file - and neither did CheckSUR. The likelihood of both being wrong (especially since I can see not reference to problems with it in the Event logs) is very small.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jul 2015   #63
Max0101010

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoelDP View Post
I can guarantee that your mouse will work after installing the Razor Synapse drivers.
It simply will not attempt to put all your settings in some kind of cloud storage (which I can't help thinking is a mistake in the first place!)

SFC didn't have any problems with the file - and neither did CheckSUR. The likelihood of both being wrong (especially since I can see not reference to problems with it in the Event logs) is very small.
I uninstalled the "razer synapse" and it seems fine. All of the visible problems that I had have been fixed but the rdvgkmd.sys file is still missing. Maybe I could get a replacement file to fix the autoruns highlight?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Jul 2015   #64
NoelDP

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 x64 Home Premium (and x86 VirtualBox VM)/Win10
 
 

It's more likely that the problem is one of calling the file from the wrong location.
Please post the autoruns log around that item - it may give some clues as to what's calling it, and from where.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jul 2015   #65
Max0101010

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoelDP View Post
It's more likely that the problem is one of calling the file from the wrong location.
Please post the autoruns log around that item - it may give some clues as to what's calling it, and from where.
I have attached the log to this message.


Attached Files
File Type: zip autoruns.zip (284.4 KB, 1 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jul 2015   #66
NoelDP

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 x64 Home Premium (and x86 VirtualBox VM)/Win10
 
 

This is the relevant entry from the log
Code:
      V G P U         
                         8   S y s t e m 3 2 \ d r i v e r s \ r d v g k m d . s y s V   H K L M \ S y s t e m \ C u r r e n t C o n t r o l S e t \ S e r v i c e s \ V G P U X   F i l e   n o t   f o u n d :   S y s t e m 3 2 \ d r i v e r s \ r d v g k m d . s y s
This would be the normal location for a driver file.
However, this file is not by default present in that location, and most drivers are not loaded through the Services registry key, but the Enum key, since they are required earlier in the boot process.

I suspect that this is the residue of a malware infection and the HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VGPU can be deleted.
Create a System Restore Point.
PLEASE BE CAREFUL in Regedit - there is NO UNDO OPTION!

To do this safely, Open Regedit, and navigate to the
HKey_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services folder and find the subkey VGPU
right-click on it and select Export.
Save it as a Registration File (the default) called VGPUsvc

Once saved, delete the VGPU subkey ONLY. (You may need to adjust the permissions first - are there any strange entries there?)

Now reboot - you should see no difference, since the file isn't being loaded anyhow.

Please zip the vgpusvc.reg file, and upload it to your reply.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jul 2015   #67
Max0101010

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoelDP View Post
This is the relevant entry from the log
Code:
      V G P U         
                         8   S y s t e m 3 2 \ d r i v e r s \ r d v g k m d . s y s V   H K L M \ S y s t e m \ C u r r e n t C o n t r o l S e t \ S e r v i c e s \ V G P U X   F i l e   n o t   f o u n d :   S y s t e m 3 2 \ d r i v e r s \ r d v g k m d . s y s
This would be the normal location for a driver file.
However, this file is not by default present in that location, and most drivers are not loaded through the Services registry key, but the Enum key, since they are required earlier in the boot process.

I suspect that this is the residue of a malware infection and the HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VGPU can be deleted.
Create a System Restore Point.
PLEASE BE CAREFUL in Regedit - there is NO UNDO OPTION!

To do this safely, Open Regedit, and navigate to the
HKey_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services folder and find the subkey VGPU
right-click on it and select Export.
Save it as a Registration File (the default) called VGPUsvc

Once saved, delete the VGPU subkey ONLY. (You may need to adjust the permissions first - are there any strange entries there?)

Now reboot - you should see no difference, since the file isn't being loaded anyhow.

Please zip the vgpusvc.reg file, and upload it to your reply.
Ok done what you said and attached the file to this message.


Attached Files
File Type: reg VGPUsvc.reg (808 Bytes, 1 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jul 2015   #68
NoelDP

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 x64 Home Premium (and x86 VirtualBox VM)/Win10
 
 

OK - that looks normal enough.

How is the system behaving now?
Does Device Manager show any errors?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jul 2015   #69
Max0101010

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoelDP View Post
OK - that looks normal enough.

How is the system behaving now?
Does Device Manager show any errors?
It looks ok, thanks for the help i will now mark this as "solved"
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jul 2015   #70
NoelDP

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 x64 Home Premium (and x86 VirtualBox VM)/Win10
 
 

Great!

Good luck.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows Files Corrupt




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows Found Corrupt Files
When I ran the Windows Update troubleshooter, it found some problems. 1.) "Service Registration is missing or corrupt" 2.) "Windows Update error 0x80070057(2015-06-02-T-11_36_25A" Also, I ran a scan with SFC/Scannow, and it found corrupt files, but was unable to fix some of them. Details...
Performance & Maintenance
Windows 7 x64 SP1, various files are either corrupt or missing
I've posted a solution(hopefully) here. Hey guys I need some more help again :confused: After successfully (hopefully more like it) beating the BSOD issue, the trouble just doesn't stop :D I noticed sometime after deleting OptimizerPro with MBAM some strange issues with various software...
System Security
Windows 7 won't boot, SFC found corrupt files, hdd/files still intact
I get a windows boot error 0xc000000e if I try to boot into safe mode or launch startup repair through through windows boot manager. I tried using a windows 7 recovery usb but startup repair says it cannot repair the problem automatically. Through the command line I ran chkdsk /f and /r multiple...
Performance & Maintenance
Windows 7 Corrupt Files
Hi everyone, I am new to the board and hoping someone can help me. I am having issues with my computer. IT is not allowing me to install anything. I believe Windows is corrupt. I get this message when I try to install Microsoft office. Setup cannot procede due to the following errors you must...
General Discussion
Corrupt Windows 7 Pro 64 installation files
So I have a weird situation. A friend of mine has somehow bricked her computer. She is not the most computer savvy person and I have no idea how her computer got to this point, but the computer no longer recognizes her original windows installation. There is no way to upgrade or repair from the...
Installation & Setup
Windows 7 files are corrupt
Hi there, I turned on my desktop today to find that my installation of Windows 7 has become corrupt. My system 32 files are not working correctly. I am able to login, but only after clicking "OK" on an error message that says ""LogonUI.exe - Entry Point Not Found, The procedure entry point...
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:54.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App