Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Repair CD - System Repair Disk

04 Jan 2010   #11
Microsoft MVP

 

Can you post a download link for the Windows 7 System Repair CD here as it will help those hitting on Google, 7forums searches?

These are the only links I have right now, from recent SIW2 post: Multi-boot/Dual-Boot Windows XP on Windows 7

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Jan 2010   #12

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Can you post a download link for the Windows 7 System Repair CD here as it will help those hitting on Google, 7forums searches?

These are the only links I have right now, from recent SIW2 post: Multi-boot/Dual-Boot Windows XP on Windows 7
Excellent suggestion, greg! Thanks for including a link to that thread with the download links. I added a link to this tutorial:

System Repair Disc - Create

to the first post of this thread. Option Two includes the same NeoSmart Download link SIW2 refers to.

Microsoft has not seen fit to include either x86 or x64 files in their download library and I have no knowledge of the legal ethics of making a copy available to the public. I have not downloaded a copy of the "Repair Disk" and so cannot recommend any sites from personal experience. Perhaps someone else can?

Cheers!
Robert
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jan 2010   #13
Microsoft MVP

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by iseeuu View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Can you post a download link for the Windows 7 System Repair CD here as it will help those hitting on Google, 7forums searches?

These are the only links I have right now, from recent SIW2 post: Multi-boot/Dual-Boot Windows XP on Windows 7
Excellent suggestion, greg! Thanks for including a link to that thread with the download links. I added a link to this tutorial:

System Repair Disc - Create

to the first post of this thread. Option Two includes the same NeoSmart Download link SIW2 refers to.

Microsoft has not seen fit to include either x86 or x64 files in their download library and I have no knowledge of the legal ethics of making a copy available to the public. I have not downloaded a copy of the "Repair Disk" and so cannot recommend any sites from personal experience. Perhaps someone else can?

Cheers!
Robert
Got permission from SIW2 to link to his NeoSmart download links for Repair Console.

That original link to his post was from a thread where the OP used the same download to repair his Windows 7.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


04 Jan 2010   #14

Windows 8 Pro (32-bit)
 
 

thank you, I finally got around to making one.
With installing XP and whatnot to different partitions I kept on borking my MBR, requiring me to use my mom's 7 Upgrade kit and a driver in a floppy to repair.
this does include driver for the drive, correct?
and if it was mad in Enterprise 32bit it will work for Home Premium 32bit?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jan 2010   #15

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
thank you, I finally got around to making one.
With installing XP and whatnot to different partitions I kept on borking my MBR, requiring me to use my mom's 7 Upgrade kit and a driver in a floppy to repair.
You are most welcome, I am glad this thread has been of help to someone.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
this does include driver for the drive, correct?
No, if I understand your meaning correctly, there are no drivers. It is just a bootable CD with some Windows utilities to repair a borked system. However, the 32 bit CD I just checked is only 142 MB in size (on a 600 MB CD) leaving lots of room for you to add folders with drivers or other things to create a customized repair CD.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
and if it was made in Enterprise 32bit it will work for Home Premium 32bit?
Correct, the only system compatibility issue is you must use a 32 bit CD for a 32 bit Operating System, or a 64 bit CD for a 64 bit Operating System.

Cheers!
Robert
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Mar 2010   #16

Acer Aspire 5738Z Win 7 X64 bit Home Premium
 
 

Hi iseeuu.

Selecting "Repair Your Computer" also opens the "System Recovery Options" menu,
but requires a password to proceed.


How do you create a password for this?
just looking ahead if the worst happens?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Mar 2010   #17

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jonesnewton View Post
Hi iseeuu.

Selecting "Repair Your Computer" also opens the "System Recovery Options" menu,
but requires a password to proceed.


How do you create a password for this?
just looking ahead if the worst happens?
You will be asked to select a Windows User and enter the password for that user.

Cheers!
Robert
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Aug 2010   #18

windows seven
 
 

Hello Everyone!
I'm new in this wonderful forum, I have aproblem which makes me crazy
I don't have the option "Repair your computer" when I press F8
and of course I have reserved the 100 Mb system partition during the instalation of Windows 7
I Know that i can create a "System Repair disk" or return to the installation disk to reach that option, but I'm just asking why is that happeining?

It wil be useful if I reach the "Repair your computer" without any other disk, only by pressing F8 or F11 or F12 I don't know!!!

thanx alot!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Aug 2010   #19
Microsoft MVP

 

With certain BIOS' it will not place Repair My Computer on Advanced Boot Tools menu.

Make a System Repair CD to have on standby.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Aug 2010   #20

windows seven
 
 

thank you for your reply
but I'm not agree with you, at least with my situation!
because I had this option on my laptop before I format it, that's why I think its about the new Windows 7 disk that I got.

I've install it on 2 or 3 Pc's and they all miss this option!

thanx
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Repair CD - System Repair Disk




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Repair CD - System Repair Disk
Thread Forum
couldn't find Windows 7 Repair Disc / Repair System / rewrite MBR General Discussion
Startup repair loop - Can't repair with system restore/repair/commands BSOD Help and Support
Startup repair loop - Can't repair with system restore/repair/commands BSOD Help and Support
Solved System Repair Disk? General Discussion
System Repair Disk Performance & Maintenance
Win 7 System Repair Disk General Discussion
System Repair Disk not booting into repair options Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33