Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: windows 7 index help

04 Jan 2010   #1

windows 7 pro
 
 
windows 7 index help

Hi i am new to this site so are say sorry now ! i have just got my new PC together all going OK i have windows 7 pro with phenom II x4 965 are get back to yo with my mother board but my index score on my CPU is ony 3.7 when it should be 6 ish any thoughts on this .

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Jan 2010   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gs1522 View Post
Hi i am new to this site so are say sorry now ! i have just got my new PC together all going OK i have windows 7 pro with phenom II x4 965 are get back to yo with my mother board but my index score on my CPU is ony 3.7 when it should be 6 ish any thoughts on this .
Hi and welcome

thoughts, yep. it is just a number re-run it and see if it changes. often it is just plain wrong. is your rig working and doing what you want?

Ken J+
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jan 2010   #3

windows 7 pro
 
 

Thank you i think so i have not put much on it as of yet it just bugs me that all of my scores are 7.5 6.5 and then my CPU 3.7 .is there a way i can find out for sure ? .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


04 Jan 2010   #4

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gs1522 View Post
Thank you i think so i have not put much on it as of yet it just bugs me that all of my scores are 7.5 6.5 and then my CPU 3.7 .is there a way i can find out for sure ? .
You can stress test you CPU. If you think there's a problem with it (or not)

I would at least run Prime95 or Intel Burn Test on it and see if it passes.

(You will need better cooling than stock)

But like Zig says, the scores are not always right.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jan 2010   #5

windows 7 pro
 
 

Cool OK thanks am running prime95 now are get back to you with the outcome.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jan 2010   #6

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gs1522 View Post
Cool OK thanks am running prime95 now are get back to you with the outcome.
Monitor your temps and look up the max temp for that CPU. Don't just run Prime95.....

I don't want you to fry your new CPU

And whatever you do, don't run Intel Burn Test without EXTREME cooling.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jan 2010   #7

windows 7 pro
 
 

I ran prime95 my temps are ok it passad all not sure what to do next ? .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jan 2010   #8

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

It may be using the gaming index which often is the lowest and is used for the index
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jan 2010   #9

windows 7 pro
 
 

i just had a look on the net my cpu runs at 3.4 ghz but my bios is saying 800mhz am i right in thinking something is wrong ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jan 2010   #10

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gs1522 View Post
i just had a look on the net my cpu runs at 3.4 ghz but my bios is saying 800mhz am i right in thinking something is wrong ?

Sounds like it is just measuring one core.

Again, keep in mind the 'test' doesn't measure how you use your computer. Its just a number and may not be (probably isn't) relevant to your uses.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 windows 7 index help




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: windows 7 index help
Thread Forum
Solved removing the index.dat - Windows 7 System Security
Windows Experience index Performance & Maintenance
Windows 7 Index Search General Discussion
Windows Experience Index Performance & Maintenance
Can't run Windows Experience Index Performance & Maintenance
Windows 7 Experience Index Performance & Maintenance
Windows index Performance & Maintenance

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33