Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: What's your memory assessment speed?


15 Nov 2011   #1471
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Is that any good - I have no idea. Never tested it before. It is my laptop.

Memory Performance 14209.00 MB/s

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Nov 2011   #1472

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

now is a higher or lower memory latency better?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Nov 2011   #1473

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by debgram1 View Post
now is a higher or lower memory latency better?
Lower is better.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


15 Nov 2011   #1474

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Is that any good - I have no idea. Never tested it before. It is my laptop.

Memory Performance 14209.00 MB/s

DDR3 1333mhz? Looks fine.


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by StalkeR View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by debgram1 View Post
now is a higher or lower memory latency better?
Lower is better.
Yep. High mhz+low latency
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Nov 2011   #1475

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

okay thanks for the replies.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Nov 2011   #1476

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Is that any good - I have no idea. Never tested it before. It is my laptop.

Memory Performance 14209.00 MB/s

DDR3 1333mhz? Looks fine.


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by StalkeR View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by debgram1 View Post
now is a higher or lower memory latency better?
Lower is better.
Yep. High mhz+low latency
What about my results? #1461 (permalink)

Good?Bad?Medium?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Nov 2011   #1477

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by panais View Post

What about my results? #1461 (permalink)

Good?Bad?Medium?
Medium-ish for you setup I'd say , considering you aren't overclocking and have two different sets of modules installed.

Although, bandwidth scores aside, 83.6ns isn't great to be honest. I'd say that the sub-timings of the value ram would be dragging the Hyper X capabilities (and overall performance) down.

However, if your PC's stable now, tweaking and fiddling may net you some improvements at the risk of introducing instability.

I'd say call it a day and enjoy your 8GB
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Nov 2011   #1478

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult x64 - SP1/ Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 



Enjoy your 8GB RAM.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Nov 2011   #1479

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by panais View Post

What about my results? #1461 (permalink)

Good?Bad?Medium?
Medium-ish for you setup I'd say , considering you aren't overclocking and have two different sets of modules installed.

Although, bandwidth scores aside, 83.6ns isn't great to be honest. I'd say that the sub-timings of the value ram would be dragging the Hyper X capabilities (and overall performance) down.

However, if your PC's stable now, tweaking and fiddling may net you some improvements at the risk of introducing instability.

I'd say call it a day and enjoy your 8GB
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post


Enjoy your 8GB RAM.
Thanks guys!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Nov 2011   #1480

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult x64 - SP1/ Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

You're welcome.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 What's your memory assessment speed?




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: What's your memory assessment speed?
Thread Forum
What's your memory assessment speed? [2] Performance & Maintenance
Memory speed - wrong memory??? Hardware & Devices
Memory speed Performance & Maintenance
What's your hard drive assessment speed? Performance & Maintenance
Memory speed in the bios Hardware & Devices
Memory Assessment Speed Performance & Maintenance
Memory speed Hardware & Devices

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33