Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: What's your memory assessment speed?

07 Mar 2011   #1021
StreetSpirit

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 
Memory Assessment Speed

Mine is attached!




Attached Thumbnails
-capture.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

07 Mar 2011   #1022
Dave76

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult x64 - SP1/ Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

Your x58 board and RAM should be in the +20k range.

Might want to check the settings or run memtest86+.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Mar 2011   #1023
Tweek

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 & OSX 10.6
 
 

Everything You Need To Know About DDR, DDR2 and DDR3 Memories:
Everything You Need To Know About DDR, DDR2 and DDR3 Memories | Hardware Secrets

Understanding RAM Timings
Understanding RAM Timings | Hardware Secrets
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


10 Mar 2011   #1024
Tweek

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 & OSX 10.6
 
 

8Gb (4x2Gb) Corsair XMS2 DDR 800
@ 866MHz, Timing 5-5-5-15-2T Timing
About 7870+ MB/sec

My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Mar 2011   #1025
Jaska

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Mar 2011   #1026
StreetSpirit

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 
Cheap RAM

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post
Your x58 board and RAM should be in the +20k range.

Might want to check the settings or run memtest86+.

Good advice, however the RAM was free. This is a Dell (not my choice). At the time my sister ordered it, they screwed up and filled it with 12 gigs of ram. Unfortunately, it's their usual Elpida PC3-8500(F) @ 533mhz... As it's impossible to adjust timings with the Dell bios/mobo, I guess I'll have to settle for the score as is.

Attached is the screenshot of the timings. Could slow cheap ram be the reason my x58/950 is only showing ~15,000MB/s on the ram test?


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Mar 2011   #1027
Jaska

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

[QUOTE=StreetSpirit;1286228]
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post
Attached is the screenshot of the timings. Could slow cheap ram be the reason my x58/950 is only showing ~15,000MB/s on the ram test?
I highly doubt it.. I bought the cheapest memory sold at the store (kingston) and it wasnt any overclocking memory, still 400mhz ddr2 running at 450mhz with no problem.

Comparing to other users results mine are double the bandwidth, am I doing something wrong with the test or comparing wrong results?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Mar 2011   #1028
StreetSpirit

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
Everything You Need To Know About DDR, DDR2 and DDR3 Memories:
Everything You Need To Know About DDR, DDR2 and DDR3 Memories | Hardware Secrets

Understanding RAM Timings
Understanding RAM Timings | Hardware Secrets

Tweek, thanks for posting this. Cheers!

As for my ram situation - as there's nothing to adjust with a Dell BIOS and proprietary motherboard, I'm at a loss to figure out what I could do.. Suggestions anyone?

Thanks again.
Dave
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Mar 2011   #1029
Dave76

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult x64 - SP1/ Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by StreetSpirit View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post
Your x58 board and RAM should be in the +20k range.

Might want to check the settings or run memtest86+.

Good advice, however the RAM was free. This is a Dell (not my choice). At the time my sister ordered it, they screwed up and filled it with 12 gigs of ram. Unfortunately, it's their usual Elpida PC3-8500(F) @ 533mhz... As it's impossible to adjust timings with the Dell bios/mobo, I guess I'll have to settle for the score as is.

Attached is the screenshot of the timings. Could slow cheap ram be the reason my x58/950 is only showing ~15,000MB/s on the ram test?

New higher quality RAM should raise the performance but, only a little since you can't adjust any settings with OEM BIOS.
I would just leave it as is, the performance is what it is designed to be.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Mar 2011   #1030
StreetSpirit

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by StreetSpirit View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post
Your x58 board and RAM should be in the +20k range.

Might want to check the settings or run memtest86+.

Good advice, however the RAM was free. This is a Dell (not my choice). At the time my sister ordered it, they screwed up and filled it with 12 gigs of ram. Unfortunately, it's their usual Elpida PC3-8500(F) @ 533mhz... As it's impossible to adjust timings with the Dell bios/mobo, I guess I'll have to settle for the score as is.

Attached is the screenshot of the timings. Could slow cheap ram be the reason my x58/950 is only showing ~15,000MB/s on the ram test?

New higher quality RAM should raise the performance but, only a little since you can't adjust any settings with OEM BIOS.
I would just leave it as is, the performance is what it is designed to be.
Good suggestion. My sister is happy with the performance and actually only scratches the surface of the capabilities of the i7-950 coupled with 12 gigs of ram, and that's what matters.

--
Regards
Dave
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 What's your memory assessment speed?




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
What's your memory assessment speed? [2]
Continued from - http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/5400-whats-your-memory-assessment-speed.html I decided to open a thread to show what people are getting with there current memory settings, what improvements are shown with various timing tweaks, speed settings ect. to access...
Performance & Maintenance
CPU Speed, BCLK and Memory Speed: Boot failure.
Probably I am in the right section for this issue. If not, please move it. A couple of days ago I changed the motherboard and processor, but not the RAM as the RAM is apparently compatible with that board as stated in GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1150 - GA-B85M-D3H (rev. 1.0/1.1) ... Now, I...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Memory speed - wrong memory???
Hi. I am hoping you can help with an issue I am having with memory in my sons PC. It does not seem to be running as good since I installed 16gig of memory. Motherboard - ASUSTeK Computer INC. M5A78L-M/USB3 Processor - AMD FX-4100 @ 3.60 GHz It had 1 4gig stick of Kingston KVR1333D3N9 but I...
Hardware & Devices
What's your hard drive assessment speed?
I'm curious to see what other people are getting for their WEI disk scores. I would like to see all types and combinations of drives to see how they differ in performance. If possible try to keep HDTach/HDTune/etc. scores to a minimum as there is another thread for that. Some general questions...
Performance & Maintenance
Memory Assessment Speed
Just a curious question; I ran winsat mem a couple of weeks ago and got a 13600+ read. Ran it today and got 15985 read. Only system change was adding a Radeon 6670 Video card. Does memory speed change this much ? What might cause the disparity ?
Performance & Maintenance
Memory speed
I have 4 Gb of corsair 1600MHz C9 DDR3 memory installed on an Asus Crosshair III Formula 790FX motherboard. The motherboard specs said that it supported 1600 MHz memory, yet the memory is only running at 1333 MHz. Do I need to OC the M/board in someway to get the full speed out of the memory...
Hardware & Devices

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App