Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: What's your memory assessment speed?

10 Jul 2011   #1201
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by digitalrurouni View Post
What I want to know is the secret to cracking the 20,000 MB/s barrier. Is it because of overclocking the CPU?
Is your ram running at 1600MHz? With your timings I would expect you to get better numbers than I do. I do have my BCLK running at 160MHz up from the stock 133MHz to run my 1600MHz ram at it's rated speed. This does overclock the CPU. A Guy


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
10 Jul 2011   #1202
digitalrurouni

Windows 7 x64 Pro
 
 

This is what CPU-Z is telling me. I have not done any serious overclocking or tweaking in a while so I am a bit rusty...go a bit gentle on me :P


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jul 2011   #1203
essenbe
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by digitalrurouni View Post
What I want to know is the secret to cracking the 20,000 MB/s barrier. Is it because of overclocking the CPU?
I didn't do anything special. My ram is running at factory frequency, voltage, and timings. I installed it, set XMP profile and set the frequency. Brand of ram and chipset may contribute.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Jul 2011   #1204
essenbe
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Here is my CPUz
Name:  c.PNG
Views: 6
Size:  39.6 KB


My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jul 2011   #1205
profdlp

Main - Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-Bit; 2nd - Windows Server 2008 R2
 
 

In my case, it's DDR3 RAM @1600 in Triple-Channel.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jul 2011   #1206
essenbe
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by profdlp View Post
In my case, it's DDR3 RAM @1600 in Triple-Channel.
Prof, where is your score? I haven't seen it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jul 2011   #1207
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by digitalrurouni View Post
This is what CPU-Z is telling me. I have not done any serious overclocking or tweaking in a while so I am a bit rusty...go a bit gentle on me :P
That does say you are running at 1600MHz. What does the SPD tab show? Your specs don't say how much ram you have. You are indeed running 3 dimms, triple channel? I don't see Corsair on the QVL (Qualified Vendor List), so I can't get much info. Obviously it's working, and I suspect it isn't an issue. Perhaps when Dave76 or another hardware Guru comes by, they will have some ideas.

A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jul 2011   #1208
essenbe
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by digitalrurouni View Post
This is what CPU-Z is telling me. I have not done any serious overclocking or tweaking in a while so I am a bit rusty...go a bit gentle on me :P
That does say you are running at 1600MHz. What does the SPD tab show? Your specs don't say how much ram you have. You are indeed running 3 dimms, triple channel? I don't see Corsair on the QVL (Qualified Vendor List), so I can't get much info. Obviously it's working, and I suspect it isn't an issue. Perhaps when Dave76 or another hardware Guru comes by, they will have some ideas.

A Guy
A Guy, I don't know as I have never had a board that runs tripple channel. But DDR3 1600 in tripple channel, shouldn't his CPUz say something like 534? 1600 in dual channel would say 800 but not in tripple wouldn't it?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jul 2011   #1209
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by digitalrurouni View Post
This is what CPU-Z is telling me. I have not done any serious overclocking or tweaking in a while so I am a bit rusty...go a bit gentle on me :P
That does say you are running at 1600MHz. What does the SPD tab show? Your specs don't say how much ram you have. You are indeed running 3 dimms, triple channel? I don't see Corsair on the QVL (Qualified Vendor List), so I can't get much info. Obviously it's working, and I suspect it isn't an issue. Perhaps when Dave76 or another hardware Guru comes by, they will have some ideas.

A Guy
A Guy, I don't know as I have never had a board that runs tripple channel. But DDR3 1600 in tripple channel, shouldn't his CPUz say something like 534? 1600 in dual channel would say 800 but not in tripple wouldn't it?
No, the ram is DDR (Double data rate), so the MHz rating is for every dimm (800MHz, at double data rate = 1600MHz). A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jul 2011   #1210
essenbe
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post

That does say you are running at 1600MHz. What does the SPD tab show? Your specs don't say how much ram you have. You are indeed running 3 dimms, triple channel? I don't see Corsair on the QVL (Qualified Vendor List), so I can't get much info. Obviously it's working, and I suspect it isn't an issue. Perhaps when Dave76 or another hardware Guru comes by, they will have some ideas.

A Guy
A Guy, I don't know as I have never had a board that runs tripple channel. But DDR3 1600 in tripple channel, shouldn't his CPUz say something like 534? 1600 in dual channel would say 800 but not in tripple wouldn't it?
No, the ram is DDR (Double data rate), so the MHz rating is for every dimm (800MHz, at double data rate = 1600MHz). A Guy
I realize the meaning of DDR, I was only concerned about dual channel vs. tripple channel.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 What's your memory assessment speed?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
What's your memory assessment speed? [2]
Continued from - http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/5400-whats-your-memory-assessment-speed.html I decided to open a thread to show what people are getting with there current memory settings, what improvements are shown with various timing tweaks, speed settings ect. to access...
Performance & Maintenance
CPU Speed, BCLK and Memory Speed: Boot failure.
Probably I am in the right section for this issue. If not, please move it. A couple of days ago I changed the motherboard and processor, but not the RAM as the RAM is apparently compatible with that board as stated in GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1150 - GA-B85M-D3H (rev. 1.0/1.1) ... Now, I...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Memory speed - wrong memory???
Hi. I am hoping you can help with an issue I am having with memory in my sons PC. It does not seem to be running as good since I installed 16gig of memory. Motherboard - ASUSTeK Computer INC. M5A78L-M/USB3 Processor - AMD FX-4100 @ 3.60 GHz It had 1 4gig stick of Kingston KVR1333D3N9 but I...
Hardware & Devices
What's your hard drive assessment speed?
I'm curious to see what other people are getting for their WEI disk scores. I would like to see all types and combinations of drives to see how they differ in performance. If possible try to keep HDTach/HDTune/etc. scores to a minimum as there is another thread for that. Some general questions...
Performance & Maintenance
Memory Assessment Speed
Just a curious question; I ran winsat mem a couple of weeks ago and got a 13600+ read. Ran it today and got 15985 read. Only system change was adding a Radeon 6670 Video card. Does memory speed change this much ? What might cause the disparity ?
Performance & Maintenance
Memory speed
I have 4 Gb of corsair 1600MHz C9 DDR3 memory installed on an Asus Crosshair III Formula 790FX motherboard. The motherboard specs said that it supported 1600 MHz memory, yet the memory is only running at 1333 MHz. Do I need to OC the M/board in someway to get the full speed out of the memory...
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:53.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App