Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: No accessories in start tab, & libraries folder mucked


12 Jan 2010   #1

XP Pro
 
 
No accessories in start tab, & libraries folder mucked

I do not have Accessories thing in my start menu, anyone know how I can get it back?

I have tried copying the folder over from another computer but it says something about merging and even after merging there is nothing there. I managed to copy the accessories folder from this computer to the start menu before but it opened like a normal folder and didnt expand, and it didn't contain paint, defrag, etc.

I don't know what to do. Please help.

Also, whenever I click on documents, then libraries on the left, it expands to show

documents
pictures
music
video

But when I click on the actual libraries icon, it is all empty on the right hand side and I am sure there was stufff there before. You see, before this, nothing at all turned up when I clicked on libraries, there wasnt even anything when I expanded, but I managed to get the 4 things listed above to show up when I expanded the libraries folder. But I want it like it was before

I would GREATLY appreciate your help.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Jan 2010   #2

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Hello!

Did you ever have the accessories folder in your Start Menu?

Could you please post a screenshot of you second problem for us?

Thanks,
~Jonathan
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jan 2010   #3

XP Pro
 
 

I did have accessories before
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


12 Jan 2010   #4

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jan 2010   #5

 
 

is it tht you dont have accessories in all programs list or is your all programs blank if in tht case than you can do the following step:
  1. Click Start , and Run .
  2. In the Open field type the following: REGEDIT
  1. Click the plus sign (+ ) next to each of the following registry keys:
  1. HKEY_CURRENT_USER
  1. Software
  2. Microsoft
  3. Windows
  4. CurrentVersion
  5. Explorer
  6. User Shell Folders
Double-click the Start Menu value in the right pane.
Type the following text into the Value data field exactly as follows: %USERPROFILE%\Start Menu
Click OK and then click the minus sign (- ) next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER in the left pane.
Click the plus sign (+ ) next to each of the following registry keys:
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
  • Software
  • Microsoft
  • Windows
  • CurrentVersion
  • Explorer
  • User Shell Folders
and to the right hand side:
Double-click the Common Start Menu value in the right pane.
Type the following text into the Value data field exactly as follows: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu
Double-click the Common Programs value in the right pane.
Type the following text into the Value data field exactly as follows: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs
Close the registry and restart the PC.
The All Programs menu should now list software.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jan 2010   #6

XP Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by madhavi View Post
is it tht you dont have accessories in all programs list or is your all programs blank if in tht case than you can do the following step:
  1. Click Start , and Run .
  2. In the Open field type the following: REGEDIT
  1. Click the plus sign (+ ) next to each of the following registry keys:
  1. HKEY_CURRENT_USER
  1. Software
  2. Microsoft
  3. Windows
  4. CurrentVersion
  5. Explorer
  6. User Shell Folders
Double-click the Start Menu value in the right pane.
Type the following text into the Value data field exactly as follows: %USERPROFILE%\Start Menu
Click OK and then click the minus sign (- ) next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER in the left pane.
Click the plus sign (+ ) next to each of the following registry keys:
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
  • Software
  • Microsoft
  • Windows
  • CurrentVersion
  • Explorer
  • User Shell Folders
and to the right hand side:
Double-click the Common Start Menu value in the right pane.
Type the following text into the Value data field exactly as follows: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu
Double-click the Common Programs value in the right pane.
Type the following text into the Value data field exactly as follows: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs
Close the registry and restart the PC.
The All Programs menu should now list software.
Accessories is missing from the "All Programs". All my programs, etc are fine. Its just that Accessories folder is missing. I have tried transferring it from my other computer which also has Windows 7 but it doesn't include everyhing.

I now have to do a search to find disk clean-up and paint, etc.

Could you please help me get the whole thing back?




As for the Missing folders when i actually click on Libraries, here's a picture:

My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jan 2010   #7

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

My friend richc46 has found this article: Steps to Restore the Missing Accessories from Start Menu - Tech Salsa. Hopefully that will solve your problem.

Thanks, Richard.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jan 2010   #8

XP Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jonathan_King View Post
My friend richc46 has found this article: Steps to Restore the Missing Accessories from Start Menu - Tech Salsa. Hopefully that will solve your problem.

Thanks, Richard.
I have tried using this programme before but as it is created for Windows xp, it doesn't work in Windows 7

It says "To use with WinXP only" and it comes up with an error!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jan 2010   #9

win7 ultimate / virtual box
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kazaam View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jonathan_King View Post
My friend richc46 has found this article: Steps to Restore the Missing Accessories from Start Menu - Tech Salsa. Hopefully that will solve your problem.

Thanks, Richard.
I have tried using this programme before but as it is created for Windows xp, it doesn't work in Windows 7

It says "To use with WinXP only" and it comes up with an error!
If you think you may have lost the default library settings maybe use this great tutorial by Brink Libraries - Restore Default
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jan 2010   #10

XP Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ickymay View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kazaam View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jonathan_King View Post
My friend richc46 has found this article: Steps to Restore the Missing Accessories from Start Menu - Tech Salsa. Hopefully that will solve your problem.

Thanks, Richard.
I have tried using this programme before but as it is created for Windows xp, it doesn't work in Windows 7

It says "To use with WinXP only" and it comes up with an error!
If you think you may have lost the default library settings maybe use this great tutorial by Brink Libraries - Restore Default
Yass......thanks so much. I have managed to restore the Libraries folder.

Now remains the problem of restoring the Accessories folder in All Programs
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 No accessories in start tab, & libraries folder mucked




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: No accessories in start tab, & libraries folder mucked
Thread Forum
Start Menu User Folder Buttons - Open to Users Instead of Libraries Tutorials
Solved Wordpad recovery in Start>All Programs>Accessories General Discussion
System Restore Option Missing from Start Menu/Accessories/System Tools Backup and Restore
How do I fix this mess -- libraries folder, user folder, administra... General Discussion
I seriously mucked up permissions -can't access C: Network & Sharing
Mucked up Boot Loader Installation & Setup
Nothing in accessories folder General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33