Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: ReBoot Time

16 Oct 2009   #481
brummyfan

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Just wanted to see bootracer in action.




Attached Images
  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
18 Oct 2009   #482
sagebrushfire

Windows 7 Ultimate/XP SP3
 
 

Man, I'm not even going to post mine.

Windows itself starts up extremely fast. Unfortunately my Bios hangs on the HP screen for at least 20 seconds sometimes. I wonder if I can change that.

If it weren't for the bios taking forever mine would probably be in the 80 second range.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Oct 2009   #483
zrtom

W8 Pro, W7 Ultimate, XP Pro x64, Vista x64, Ubuntu
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sagebrushfire View Post
Man, I'm not even going to post mine.

Windows itself starts up extremely fast. Unfortunately my Bios hangs on the HP screen for at least 20 seconds sometimes. I wonder if I can change that.

If it weren't for the bios taking forever mine would probably be in the 80 second range.
Was the time in BIOS quicker at some point in the past? If if was, sometimes clearing the NVRAM will bring it back to normal
Tom.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

19 Oct 2009   #484
Tieske

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 NL
 
 

I have seen much better times but here is mine;

My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Oct 2009   #485
rangersmith

windows 7 ultimate
 
 

Heres mine


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Oct 2009   #486
sagebrushfire

Windows 7 Ultimate/XP SP3
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zrtom View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sagebrushfire View Post
Man, I'm not even going to post mine.

Windows itself starts up extremely fast. Unfortunately my Bios hangs on the HP screen for at least 20 seconds sometimes. I wonder if I can change that.

If it weren't for the bios taking forever mine would probably be in the 80 second range.
Was the time in BIOS quicker at some point in the past? If if was, sometimes clearing the NVRAM will bring it back to normal
Tom.

Actually I got my computer from my school and they had some weird setup that took you to this black screen looking for a network. Before I reset the BIOS by taking out the battery it used to take 1-2 MINUTES just to get past the BIOS.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Oct 2009   #487
Uber Philf

W7 RTM Ultimate x64
 
 

I'm not sure if mines fast, but it's a good 20 seconds quicker then my old laptop, cept this one hangs on the BIOS screen as well, mainly because the IDE drive takes a good 5 seconds to spool up. but heres my time:
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2009   #488
bloke

Windows 7 7600 x64 (16385) Ultimate,Windows Vista x64 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sagebrushfire View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zrtom View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sagebrushfire View Post
Man, I'm not even going to post mine.

Windows itself starts up extremely fast. Unfortunately my Bios hangs on the HP screen for at least 20 seconds sometimes. I wonder if I can change that.

If it weren't for the bios taking forever mine would probably be in the 80 second range.
Was the time in BIOS quicker at some point in the past? If if was, sometimes clearing the NVRAM will bring it back to normal
Tom.

Actually I got my computer from my school and they had some weird setup that took you to this black screen looking for a network. Before I reset the BIOS by taking out the battery it used to take 1-2 MINUTES just to get past the BIOS.
If you have USB devices, try disconnecting them one by one and try rebooting each time. i have found on a few computers, when they have certain USB devices plugged in they sit at the post screen for ages, and that is what yours is doing. the HP logo just covers the post screen.

Also you will probably find the bios was set to boot via the network hub b4 you reset it.

anywho im gonna give this test a try.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2009   #489
bloke

Windows 7 7600 x64 (16385) Ultimate,Windows Vista x64 Ultimate
 
 

I think it has alot to do with what and or how many apps you have running at startup. obviously a fresh install would run quicker...
Name:  boot time.PNG
Views: 181
Size:  40.5 KB


My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2009   #490
bloke

Windows 7 7600 x64 (16385) Ultimate,Windows Vista x64 Ultimate
 
 

any boot test should really be tested on a fresh install with only drivers installed and without modifying the boot apps and service programs, then you could see what overclocking performs best ect.

anywho...69 yeh baby!

i tried that BootRacer but after rebooting, the BootRacer does not show up on reboot, but it has the services running in task manager. i tried run as admin but no help.


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 ReBoot Time




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
ReBoot Time [2]
Continued from - http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/592-reboot-time.html Whats your Restart Time? Turns out the Sabertooth is a fairly fast booting board.
Performance & Maintenance
Reboot time excessive
I have a Dell Precision M6600 w/ 16 gigs of Ram and 750 GB HD. I run win 7 pro 64bit. After having to replace the HD and re-installing all drivers, the system takes 320 seconds to do a re-boot. Otherwise the machine works great. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could cause this or...
Performance & Maintenance
Reboot Time Problem
i went into Event Viewer>Applications and Services>Microsoft>Windows>Diagnostics-Performance>Operational and it listed a bunch of errors. let me show you the screen shot. I have been having slow start up times and I don't know why considering I just ran a clean install yesterday. Any help on...
Performance & Maintenance
How do I improve reboot time
I bought new Inspiron N5110 i7,4gb ram,500gb hard disk,1gb Nvidia gt525m graphic card, its reboot time is more than 2 minutes. Pls help how can I improve it. Its performance is also low somtimes.Pls help. Thanks.
Performance & Maintenance
Time random after reboot
Whenever I reboot my time is random, how can I fix this? And yes, I've set it to the right time before rebooting.
General Discussion
Reboot time app problem
Hello, My friend is having a problem with the reboot time app posted here. It is showing her like 86 seconds but it only take 50 secconds. The app works fine on my machine. Any ideas as to why it is not working correctly on her machine? I know that the vbs was already unblocked. Thanks for any...
Performance & Maintenance


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:56.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App