Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Why memory score so low?

08 Apr 2009   #1

Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64bit
 
 
Why memory score so low?

I get 5.9 on my ram, why is it so low?
It seems to be fast, but not according to WEI.


http://www.sevenforums.com/performan...html#post63237

Show Us Your WEI


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

08 Apr 2009   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate Vista Ultimate x64
 
 

It depends on what build your running, if your on build 7048 or less then the WEI score was capped at 5.9 for 4Gigs of DDR2 and you could only get a better score with DDR3, but with the latest builds you can now get allot better scores, mine went from 5.9 to 7 with latest build, just remember it's a BETA and there are bugs.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Apr 2009   #3

Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

roger that.......
Must be cause I'm on build 7000, and 5.9 is bogus for 1066 5.5.5.15. look at the real score...

C:\Windows\system32>winsat mem
Windows System Assessment Tool
> Running: Feature Enumeration v1.0.0.0 ''
> Run Time 00:00:00.00
> Running: System memory performance assessment v1.1.0.1 ''
> Run Time 00:00:05.10
> Memory Performance 13977.73 MB/s
> Total Run Time 00:00:06.29
C:\Windows\system32>
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


09 Apr 2009   #4

Windows XP
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mr GRiM View Post
It depends on what build your running, if your on build 7048 or less then the WEI score was capped at 5.9 for 4Gigs of DDR2 and you could only get a better score with DDR3, but with the latest builds you can now get allot better scores, mine went from 5.9 to 7 with latest build, just remember it's a BETA and there are bugs.
I believe the same is with Build 7057, if you have >4 GB of RAM on a 64 bit version of Windows 7.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Apr 2009   #5

Windows 8.1 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cartel View Post
roger that.......
Must be cause I'm on build 7000, and 5.9 is bogus for 1066 5.5.5.15. look at the real score...

C:\Windows\system32>winsat mem
Windows System Assessment Tool
> Running: Feature Enumeration v1.0.0.0 ''
> Run Time 00:00:00.00
> Running: System memory performance assessment v1.1.0.1 ''
> Run Time 00:00:05.10
> Memory Performance 13977.73 MB/s
> Total Run Time 00:00:06.29
C:\Windows\system32>
That seems a bit high for your RAM. You should really only be getting 8500MB/s.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2009   #6

W7 x64 build 7068
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Everlong18 View Post
That seems a bit high for your RAM. You should really only be getting 8500MB/s.
8533MB/s is the max bandwidth for a SINGLE module of PC1066 DDR2/3 memory. AMD processors all have on-die memory controllers, so they get much better memory bandwidth than pre-i7 Intel processors - mine's at ~7380MB/s on a C2D E8400 with the ram running at 1066MHz.

As for the original topic, my memory (6GB of DDR2 PC1066 at 5-5-5-15 timings) is showing a WEI of 7.0 in build 7068.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Apr 2009   #7

Windows 7 x64 Build 7068
 
 

I will never understand why people continue to question scores...A low value doesn't effect the hardwares performance. Either the test itself is flawed, or your hardware is just that out of date
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Apr 2009   #8

 

Admittedly, this is a Beta- but questioning anything that doesn't look right is expected, even encouraged, when Beta testing....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Why memory score so low?




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Why memory score so low?
Thread Forum
16GB of RAM upgrade and WEI memory score unchanged Performance & Maintenance
I don't know why the score is low for the CPU Performance & Maintenance
RAM score Performance & Maintenance
Low RAM score Performance & Maintenance
low WEI score for new SSD Hardware & Devices
wei cpu score Performance & Maintenance
How to get whatever WEI score you want. Performance & Maintenance

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33