I was running Windows XP on my PC (see general specifications in my profile) for more than 3 years without any problems. Then I read all the good feedbacks regarding Windows 7 and I said it's time for a change despite that I usually don't change things that serve me well.
Anyways, I inserted the Windows 7 Ultimate DVD and I chose to format my disk. What surprised me was that it formated it in 1 minute instead of 1 hour what formating took before the XP installation....so it probably only deleted all the files?
I didn't bother with that as installation ran smoothly and I started using Wins 7 just fine. But soon after that I started realizing some problems which are still present and I completely gave up solving them as I couldn't find a solution yet.
I realized the following problems:
1. Sound: I have 4+1 Creative speakers system and using Windows 7, I am only able to hear the front speakers while rear speakers are either not working at all or have a completely crappy, low-quality sound (depends on what Realtek driver I installed). Woofer is working fine. I have problems with finding a propper driver for my ASUS A8NE-FM motherboard which includes a sound card. I can't find any drivers for it on the internet and of course XP drivers from original CD don't work.
2. PC slows down: PC works fine and fast at the beginning and it slows down after using it for some time. I assume this problem is related to the first one as PC seems to work fine until I start a sound or video application. For example, not only that videos on Youtube and other web sites are running slow and interrupting, it also slows down the whole PC, especially mouse scrolling which gets a really annoying lag. But I am still not sure that sound or video are causing this.
Only two problems, but big ones as I can't use my PC for even a fraction of things I used it when I still had Windows XP installed on it. I really hope that you'll be able to help me otherwise I will have to change back to XP or only use my laptop.
My PC specifications:
- Windows 7 Ultimate (build 7600)
- 2,00 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64
- Board: ASUSTek Computer INC. A8NE-FM 1.00
- 1536 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
- NTFS on drive 0 203,9 GB
- NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT
Thanks for your help in advance!