Okay, I'm going to reply to this because it showed up as the #1 answer in my google search, and the answers posed so far are rather useless. I found the following instructions here. Be warned. you will also disable some other "troubleshooting" things that Windows automatically does, so I recommend this only to an advanced user. windows 7 - Disable "Do you want to change the color scheme to improve performance?" warning - Super User
1. Go to the Start Menu and type Action Center on the Search box
2. Start it (it should be the top entry, under the "Control Panel" group)
3. On the left sidebar, click Change Action Center settings
4. Untick the Windows Troubleshooting checkbox, under "Maintenance Messages".
5. Click the Ok button and you are done.