After installing a fresh Windows 7, I would optimize it doing the steps of those guides: Speed Up Windows 7 - Ultimate Guide To Make Windows 7 Blazing Fast!!!
(17 steps) Master Tutorial to Make Your Windows 7 Super Fast - Tweaking with Vishal
Instead of doing this manually, I would use a .REG (and/or .BAT) file.
So, for those steps below:
1. Disabling the Search Indexing Feature in Windows 7.
2. Disable the Aero Theme on Windows 7.
3. Disable all Visual Effects (Sys. Properties > Advanced > Performance > Settings > Visual Effects)
4. Disable the User account control (UAC).
5. Disable the Windows 7 Sidebar.
6. Disable the Aero Peek and Aero Snap features in Windows 7.
7. Change the Power Plan To Maximum Performance.
8. Disable the Thumbnail Preview Feature.
9. Disable all System Sounds (run > mmsys.cpl).
What are the Windows 7 registry branches storing those settings?
Which Windows 7 registry tool can help me to localize those branches?
Comparing the registry before and after manually doing one of those step. Registry Monitor- Askkids.com regshot | Get regshot at SourceForge.net Splunk | IT Search for Log Management, Operations, Security and Compliance
Thanks and regards.