Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Longer Laptop Battery Life

28 Apr 2010   #1
karlsnooks

MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
 
 
Longer Laptop Battery Life

Good People,
I don't really know which forum is the most appropriate for the following good article on battery life:

Help : Longer laptop battery life


My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Apr 2010   #2
Desslok

Windows 7
 
 

Good stuff. i know on my netbook if I turn on the Bluetooth and Wirless and leave them on it takes almost 2 hours off my battery.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Apr 2010   #3
karlsnooks

MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
 
 

Desslok,
Also helps me extend my battery life.

My way of switching between power plans and quickly making changes is via WIN + X. Not all of your settings there stay after you shutdown and some do. I like being able to disable wireless, although it doesn't turn off the adapter. Also easy access to sound volume is handy.

Win + X
Win + L
Win + Spacebar
Win + Pause/Break
Win + D
Win + T
Win + appropriate arrow key

Those are my most frequently used Win key shortcuts.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Apr 2010   #4
manhunter2826

Windows XP - Now Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit).
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by karlsnooks View Post
Desslok,
Also helps me extend my battery life.

My way of switching between power plans and quickly making changes is via WIN + X. Not all of your settings there stay after you shutdown and some do. I like being able to disable wireless, although it doesn't turn off the adapter. Also easy access to sound volume is handy.

Win + X
Win + L
Win + Spacebar
Win + Pause/Break
Win + D
Win + T
Win + appropriate arrow key

Those are my most frequently used Win key shortcuts.
very nice
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Apr 2010   #5
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by karlsnooks View Post
Good People,
I don't really know which forum is the most appropriate for the following good article on battery life:

Help : Longer laptop battery life
MS Better let people informed & provide some tips after all the fuss about that battery conspiracy message: "Consider Replacing Your Battery" !
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Apr 2010   #6
logicearth

Windows 8.1 Pro (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoN View Post
MS Better let people informed & provide some tips after all the fuss about that battery conspiracy message: "Consider Replacing Your Battery" !
Conspiracy message? So the computer should not tell people there batteries are coming to there end of life?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Apr 2010   #7
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by logicearth View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoN View Post
MS Better let people informed & provide some tips after all the fuss about that battery conspiracy message: "Consider Replacing Your Battery" !
Conspiracy message? So the computer should not tell people there batteries are coming to there end of life?

Of course the computer will and better do it...It had make so much water under the bridge about that, that manies got confused thinking only MS fault
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Apr 2010   #8
manhunter2826

Windows XP - Now Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit).
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoN View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by karlsnooks View Post
Good People,
I don't really know which forum is the most appropriate for the following good article on battery life:

Help : Longer laptop battery life
MS Better let people informed & provide some tips after all the fuss about that battery conspiracy message: "Consider Replacing Your Battery" !
Another forum member posted this a few wks/months earlier (sorry I forget who); it's a long and technical read but perhaps worth persevering with.

Engineering Windows 7 : Windows 7 Battery Notification Messages
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Longer Laptop Battery Life




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
How do you extend the life of a laptop battery?
well?
Chillout Room
What are the Proper settings for longer battery life in Toshiba NB500?
My brother just bought a Toshiba NB500, its a Notebook running in Windows 7 Starter. And he saw a website that says that the battery capacity can be more or less 8hrs. Then he wants to customize his settings to make it. He already put to the lowest possible level the brightness settings. but it...
Performance & Maintenance
laptop turns off at 50% battery life !!! :s
i have MOBII laptop (NVIDIA product, point-of-view)... its intel atom inside, it was initially with Vista OS, i installed later on WIN-7 (it performed better) but now, after 4monthes, the LAPTOP TURNS OFF at 50% battey life !!! ... my question is , Bettary's life is over ??? or may it be software...
Performance & Maintenance
Laptop battery life
I find comfort in the fact that nothing has changed in many years regarding the life of batteries in portable electronic equipment. FE blog : Saving power on the go ? getting your laptop battery to last all day
Chillout Room
Windows 7 will give your laptop longer battery life
Read The Rest Here: Windows 7 will give your laptop longer battery life
News
Longer Battery Life, Faster Boot Times with Windows 7
Longer Battery Life, Faster Boot Times with Windows 7 Written by Mark Edward Soper 11/06/08 at 09:17:16 PM This year's edition of WinHEC, which has already demonstrated Windows 7's digital goodness with Device Stage, has more good news about Microsoft's next desktop operating system: ...
News

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:20.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App