First time posting, long time lurker
so right out the door I wanna say Hiyas!
Now, time to get down to business...
Recently I purchased a new custom built PC and installed Win 7 on it. I made a few errors on the way (hardware related) but in the end it all worked out well and now I am fairly comfortable with my set-up and wanting to maximize the performance that my purchase will give me. Nothing has been over clocked (yet) and I spend 90% of my time gaming on this PC w/the other 10% being spent perusing the interwebz and all it has to offer. I do not want to sink more money into my set-up right now but I am wondering if there is anyone out there who might have some helpful advice on how I can get the best out of what I have. Really, any comments or concerns are welcome as long as they are friendly in nature.
O/S: Windows 7 Pro RTM 64 bit
CD: Sony 24X Dbl Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW
CASE: Apevia X-Cruiser 2
CASEUPGRADE: 12in (Blue Color) Cold Cathode Neon Light
CPU: AMD Phenom™II X4 965 Black Edition Quad-Core
FAN: CoolerMaster V8 (Extreme Silent Operation)
FAN 2&3: 120mm Case Fans (Blue) Front and Back mounted
HDD: 320GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM
MOBO: MSI NF750-G55
RAM: 4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz (Kingston HyperX)
NOISERED1: Power Supply Gasket
NOISERED2: Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts
PWR: 700 Watts Power CoolerMaster Silent Pro
VID1: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 1GB (EVGA)
VID2: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 1GB (EVGA)
MONITOR: 47" 1080p Westinghouse
SOUND: 5.1 Surround Sound Set-up
JOYSTIK: Saitek 290pro
GAMEPAD: XBox 360 wired controller
ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE: Dreamscapes
have been recently updated (within the last 72 hours) and I prefer my PC to be as quiet as possible during non-peak usage. I haven't pulled CPU-Z or GPU-Z stats yet but I can if requested. I can also post some vids I have taken w/my cellphone if desired. Have at thee gentlefolk!