Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: High cpu usage


26 May 2010   #11

Windows 7 Professional (64bit)
 
 

the highest lve seen was a 10C jump by the time l moved the mouse, they returned to normal.. cant reproduce it if l leave any process monitors going


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 May 2010   #12

Windows 7 Professional (64bit)
 
 

think l have caught the possible culprit.. "audiodg.exe" noticed it just randomly using 50% lve disabled the special effects, but l was wondering if there was any other tweaks.. tho in all honesty l can only assume its the problem at this second as l happen to be listening to some MP3s that and l dont remember it happening before.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 May 2010   #13

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by timeless View Post
think l have caught the possible culprit.. "audiodg.exe" noticed it just randomly using 50% lve disabled the special effects, but l was wondering if there was any other tweaks.. tho in all honesty l can only assume its the problem at this second as l happen to be listening to some MP3s that and l dont remember it happening before.

Audiodg is a known problem. Since vista, there have been reports of the same problem. I have seen audiodb using upwards of 2 gigs of ram and 65% cpu. there is a fix but I forget where. I suggest you google audiodg and high cpu use

good luck

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


29 May 2010   #14

Windows 7 Professional (64bit)
 
 

apart from the disabling of enhancements lve found little so far...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 May 2010   #15

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by timeless View Post
apart from the disabling of enhancements lve found little so far...
It is inconsistent at best. If you need the enhancements then you are going to have to deal with it, or find a work around. You could set it to manual and delayed start to see if it helps any.

Good luck

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 May 2010   #16

Windows 7 Professional (64bit)
 
 

l dont need the enhancements tbh, all l do is watch a few vids and listen to MP3s its just annoying that every few mins l look at the performance monitor the process is using a good 50% tho it seems to be around the times a song changes (at the second)

===
change that, it seems more random. l guess l spoke too soon.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 May 2010   #17

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by timeless View Post
l dont need the enhancements tbh, all l do is watch a few vids and listen to MP3s its just annoying that every few mins l look at the performance monitor the process is using a good 50% tho it seems to be around the times a song changes (at the second)

===
change that, it seems more random. l guess l spoke too soon.
If you dont need it kill it. I dont think it is dependent on or being used by anything else.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 May 2010   #18

Windows 7 Professional (64bit)
 
 

from what l see disabling the service will disable sound.

on another note, l have messed around with the quality settings, changed it from 24bit to 16bit DVD quality, which has helped, at least in the perspective that when it spikes its just a spike that lasts a few seconds rather than constant for short periods of time until the mouse has moved... tho l do notice more contstant usage of the service now but at lower levels between 1 and 2 spiking to the 40s, its really weirding me out.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 High cpu usage




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: High cpu usage
Thread Forum
Very high CPU usage, causing very high laptop CPU temps (90c idle) Performance & Maintenance
High CPU usage, low fps, high latency. Performance & Maintenance
Windows 7 random CPU usage and high physical memory usage!!! Performance & Maintenance
High CPU Usage Using LAN Network & Sharing
High RAM usage? Performance & Maintenance
CPU high usage Performance & Maintenance

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33