Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Media Programs Extremely Slow

15 Jun 2010   #1
Ezenemy

Windows 7
 
 
Media Programs Extremely Slow

Hola, lately my media programs have been acting SO slow I can't even use them.
Such as: Sony Vegas 9, Photoshop CS5, After Effects.

You can see my processor down in my specs, they never used to do this. They used to run EXTREMELY fast and smooth, now they're so choppy I can't even create text.

My whole computer has been acting up every since I reformatted it as well, and yes I installed all the updates and drivers.

Appreciate anything !


My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2010   #2
Ezenemy

Windows 7
 
 

148 Views 0 Responses..

Bump ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2010   #3
zzz2496

Windows7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Check "Resource Monitor" too see what robbed your system resources. If it's a virus/malware infection, use a clean system or a Live CD to scan your computer. Installing an Antivirus/Antimalware in an infected system is moot since many virus/malware can block or even crash the scanner.

AVG have a good Live CD, and you can download it for free...

zzz2496
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2010   #4
mpcrsc562

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

When you say "Slow," do you mean that it takes a long time for you to render a video or picture whereas before it didn't take as long?

Now for a subjective question: What is long? Or, should I say, what exactly are you trying to do when you notice that it is running slow? What processes are running at the same time you are using these media programs? You state you have updates installed and I assume that to mean Windows updates, but are the necessary updates for those particular applications installed too?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2010   #5
Ezenemy

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mpcrsc562 View Post
When you say "Slow," do you mean that it takes a long time for you to render a video or picture whereas before it didn't take as long?

Now for a subjective question: What is long? Or, should I say, what exactly are you trying to do when you notice that it is running slow? What processes are running at the same time you are using these media programs? You state you have updates installed and I assume that to mean Windows updates, but are the necessary updates for those particular applications installed too?
When I say slow this is what's happening.

It takes about 2 minutes for me to put a clip into the timeline thing. In photoshop, I'll create text, nd I'll type something and it takes about 10 seconds to pop up...
It's really choppy when I move text and stuff like that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2010   #6
mpcrsc562

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ezenemy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mpcrsc562 View Post
When you say "Slow," do you mean that it takes a long time for you to render a video or picture whereas before it didn't take as long?

Now for a subjective question: What is long? Or, should I say, what exactly are you trying to do when you notice that it is running slow? What processes are running at the same time you are using these media programs? You state you have updates installed and I assume that to mean Windows updates, but are the necessary updates for those particular applications installed too?
When I say slow this is what's happening.

It takes about 2 minutes for me to put a clip into the timeline thing. In photoshop, I'll create text, nd I'll type something and it takes about 10 seconds to pop up...
It's really choppy when I move text and stuff like that.
Are you dealing with very large files? HD files?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2010   #7
Ezenemy

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mpcrsc562 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ezenemy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mpcrsc562 View Post
When you say "Slow," do you mean that it takes a long time for you to render a video or picture whereas before it didn't take as long?

Now for a subjective question: What is long? Or, should I say, what exactly are you trying to do when you notice that it is running slow? What processes are running at the same time you are using these media programs? You state you have updates installed and I assume that to mean Windows updates, but are the necessary updates for those particular applications installed too?
When I say slow this is what's happening.

It takes about 2 minutes for me to put a clip into the timeline thing. In photoshop, I'll create text, nd I'll type something and it takes about 10 seconds to pop up...
It's really choppy when I move text and stuff like that.
Are you dealing with very large files? HD files?
Fraps files. But here's the thing, I used to deal with 1080p files and it ran EXTREMELY smooth. Fraps is like what, 720?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2010   #8
Ezenemy

Windows 7
 
 

It even takes a while for MP3 files.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2010   #9
mpcrsc562

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Did you do as zzz2496 suggested?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2010   #10
Ezenemy

Windows 7
 
 

Not sure what I'm looking for.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Media Programs Extremely Slow




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Extremely slow internet?
Hi, I just reinstalled windows 7 a few days ago. My internet became really really slow after that, with download speed of <1 Mbpsd. Before it was 70 Mbps. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Network & Sharing
RDP Extremely Slow Only on Certain Applications
I have a high-end desktop and an ultrabook, both of which run Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I have set up a RDP connection from the laptop to the desktop, and I want to use a certain application (UDK Editor) over the internet when I am away from home. Now, in general, the frame rate and response of...
General Discussion
Extremely Slow Startup, Programs Not Responding
Hi, Everyone, Should be a relatively fast machine takes forever to start-up / load apps. For example, 9:10 from power on to loading Outlook. I've tried everything I could think of -- CCleaner, Malwarebytes, disk cleanup / optimization, sfc / scannow, pruning down any startup items, power set to...
Performance & Maintenance
Extremely slow start
Hi, recently my win7 pro 32bit has some problem during the start; icons on desktop are white and are appearing very slowly; maybe it takes 5 minutes before the system is functioning. In few cases I have to reboot few times before it works!! Could you suggest what do I have to check? Of course...
Performance & Maintenance
Web Browser extremely slow
Has anyone else experienced problems with IE9? All of the sudden, my browser is extremely slow in uploading web pages and I can no longer download streaming videos.
Browsers & Mail
extremely slow shutdown
Hi i have windows 7 ultimate, I am now facing some wierd problem from last week when my expansion drive 500gb Seagate is connected computer takes too long time to shutdown. But i don't why my drive to be disconnected during shutdown is there any that i can try to figure out the problem what had...
Performance & Maintenance

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App