Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Panda wants Ballot Screen for Windows Security Software


09 Nov 2010   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 
Panda wants Ballot Screen for Windows Security Software

Quote:
PandaLabs has called for a Windows security software ballot, mirroring the way alternative browsers are now offered to Windows users.

Microsoft recently decided to offer its free antivirus software, Microsoft Security Essentials, via Windows Update - angering rival security firms such as Panda and Trend Micro.

In an exclusive interview with PC Pro, PandaLab's technical director Luis Corrons has now called for Windows users to be given a choice of security software.

"We think this is not fair," said Corrons, referring to the inclusion of Microsoft Security Essentials in Windows Update. "It is trying, somehow, to bundle the software it develops and take out competitors.
Read more on this at pcpro.co.uk


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Nov 2010   #2

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote:
PandaLabs has called for a Windows security software ballot, mirroring the way alternative browsers are now offered to Windows users.

Microsoft recently decided to offer its free antivirus software, Microsoft Security Essentials, via Windows Update - angering rival security firms such as Panda and Trend Micro.

In an exclusive interview with PC Pro, PandaLab's technical director Luis Corrons has now called for Windows users to be given a choice of security software.

"We think this is not fair," said Corrons, referring to the inclusion of Microsoft Security Essentials in Windows Update. "It is trying, somehow, to bundle the software it develops and take out competitors.
What the hell...are these people high or something? Since when does offering MSE through Windows Update come even close to bundling? The offer to install it is optional and you don't even see the offer by default. What the hell are these guys smoking?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Nov 2010   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 



~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


09 Nov 2010   #4

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

The last time it was browsers, now AVs, whats next?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Nov 2010   #5

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yowanvista View Post
The last time it was browsers, now AVs, whats next?

Ballot screen when you start installing Windows asking if you want Linsux instead?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Nov 2010   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by z3r010 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yowanvista View Post
The last time it was browsers, now AVs, whats next?

Ballot screen when you start installing Windows asking if you want Linsux instead?
Technically, you would have to include Mac OS on there, except that it wouldn't work...

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Nov 2010   #7

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 

I think the browser ballot has proven that it makes hardly any difference.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Nov 2010   #8

Windows 8.1 Pro x64 x3 + Windows 10 Preview, Ubuntu
 
 

Quote:
What the hell are these guys smoking?


Name:  SmokingPanda.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  18.0 KB



My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Nov 2010   #9

Windows 8.1 Pro x64 x3 + Windows 10 Preview, Ubuntu
 
 

On a serious note

A simple question should do it for the average windows user .....

"You are not running an anti-virus program which is a bad thing. would you like Microsoft to supply you with an antivirus designed by them to integrate fully with their operating system for free or would you like to pay £41.99 to install one from a company you've never heard of?"

Wonder what the response would be ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Nov 2010   #10

Windows 7 x64 / Same
 
 

And I want 10 million dollars. This is ridiculous. I can more understand the browsers since that comes installed. But a voluntary download? Come on.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Panda wants Ballot Screen for Windows Security Software




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33