Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: IE9-exploit holes in Windows 7 SP1 lays bare

08 Apr 2011   #1
Wallonn7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 
IE9-exploit holes in Windows 7 SP1 lays bare

Quote:
A brand new exploit for IE9 bypass all security measures in the latest Windows version. "A fully patched system is to crack."

The exploit uses an open (0-day) vulnerability in Internet Explorer 9 and thereby avoids the additional security features of Windows 7. The latest version of Microsoft's operating system, complete with Service Pack 1 (SP1) is vulnerable. It says the French security VUPEN that earlier also a big hole in IE8 has uncovered.


Read more at - in Dutch: IE9-exploit legt Windows 7 SP1 bloot | Webwereld



My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Apr 2011   #2
Karln

Windows 7 pro 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wallonn7 View Post
Quote:
A brand new exploit for IE9 bypass all security measures in the latest Windows version. "A fully patched system is to crack."

The exploit uses an open (0-day) vulnerability in Internet Explorer 9 and thereby avoids the additional security features of Windows 7. The latest version of Microsoft's operating system, complete with Service Pack 1 (SP1) is vulnerable. It says the French security VUPEN that earlier also a big hole in IE8 has uncovered.


Read more at - in Dutch: IE9-exploit legt Windows 7 SP1 bloot | Webwereld
But all OS are vulnerable. It's a game between hackers and devellopers. And as nothing is invulnerable in informatique...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Apr 2011   #3
Wallonn7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

I agree ... but my intention was solely and simply to inform.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Apr 2011   #4
Maguscreed

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Oh noes, my IE is vulnerable...

oh wait, that's right, I don't use IE
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Apr 2011   #5
Karln

Windows 7 pro 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wallonn7 View Post
I agree ... but my intention was solely and simply to inform.
Yes lol but some believe that there are vulnerability only in IE while in firefox also.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maguscreed View Post
Oh noes, my IE is vulnerable...

oh wait, that's right, I don't use IE
It"s for this reason that I use Opera
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Apr 2011   #6
Wallonn7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maguscreed View Post
( ... )oh wait, that's right, I don't use IE
This was hilarious!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Apr 2011   #7
Maguscreed

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 x64
 
 

yeah well...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Apr 2011   #8
Wallonn7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maguscreed View Post
yeah well...

No chance of those "two towers" to be true ...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Apr 2011   #9
malexous

Arch Linux 64-bit
 
 

Quote:
...
The risk of this exploit so far is limited: exploit code has not been spotted in the wild.
...
Bekra stressed that the vulnerabilities have not been publicly disclosed. "Access to our code and to the in-depth analysis of the vulnerability is restricted to our government customers who use the information to protect their critical infrastructures," he said.
...
IE9 exploit puts Windows 7 SP1 at risk - Digital Lifestyle - Macworld UK
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Apr 2011   #10
sygnus21

Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maguscreed View Post
Oh noes, my IE is vulnerable...

oh wait, that's right, I don't use IE
You use Windows though

Anyway this.....

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Karln View Post
But all OS are vulnerable. It's a game between hackers and devellopers. And as nothing is invulnerable in informatique...
I agree, it's a game between hackers and developers and will continue as long as there is software/hardware. Everyone just needs to do their part in being vigilant in the area of security.

My two cents
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 IE9-exploit holes in Windows 7 SP1 lays bare




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App