Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: McAfee Antivirus Update Causes Problems for Home/Enterprise Customers

05 Sep 2012   #11

Windows 8 Professional
 
 

http://www.av-comparatives.org/image..._201112_en.pdf

This is a fairly comprehensive analysis of common antivirus softwares as of 2011.

It's funny though, McAfee won a "Gold" award for least amount of false positives. I guess that isn't hard when you don't get any true positives either.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 Sep 2012   #12
Microsoft MVP

 

The ratings are almost always rigged. On one site's ratings page was a huge ad for MucAfee.

The question remains why anyone would pay for A/V when there is a better free version unanimously recommended by the top tech site on the web.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Sep 2012   #13

Windows 8 Professional
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
The ratings are almost always rigged. On one site's ratings page was a huge ad for MucAfee.

The question remains why anyone would pay for A/V when there is a better free version unanimously recommended by the top tech site on the web.
Exactly. Running MSE for monitoring, and having MWB, SAS, TDSS, etc for the ocassional deep scan are much more effective than one copy of SEP. I've had Windows 7 since day one, and I think I've had ONE trojan that slipped in. It was also reconciled in minutes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


07 Sep 2012   #14

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x86 Service Pack 1 - Linux Mint Mate 14 x64
 
 

I've been using MSE with Windows 7, and Never have had a virus, whereas my step-dad uses Norton on his Windows XP system, and has a few viruses.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Sep 2012   #15

Windows 8 Professional
 
 

7 has enhanced security features over XP too. Defender, UAC...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Sep 2012   #16
Microsoft MVP

 

And the Defender preinstalled in Win8 is actually a beefed-up MSE with its name changed - the reccommended AV here for years.

Hardly a week passes when Norton doesn't miss a serious infection reported here. Similar reports about MSE are growing very infrequent. MS literally spends unlimited funds protecting their OS. No one has a greater interest in doing so.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Sep 2012   #17

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Poimetheus View Post
http://www.av-comparatives.org/image..._201112_en.pdf

This is a fairly comprehensive analysis of common antivirus softwares as of 2011.

It's funny though, McAfee won a "Gold" award for least amount of false positives. I guess that isn't hard when you don't get any true positives either.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Sep 2012   #18

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x86 Service Pack 1 - Linux Mint Mate 14 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Poimetheus View Post
7 has enhanced security features over XP too. Defender, UAC...
Yes, I agree with you there (: I've been trying to get him to upgrade to Windows 7 due to the better security features.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Sep 2012   #19

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

Blue a way to start happy computing would be Windows 7 and Microsoft Security Essentials.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 McAfee Antivirus Update Causes Problems for Home/Enterprise Customers




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33