Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Latest AV Comparatives results


16 Dec 2013   #1

Desk1 8 Pro / Desk2 7 Home Prem / Laptop 8.1 Pro all 64bit
 
 
Latest AV Comparatives results

For those who are interested a fair bit of info on the latest AV Comparatives results.

AV-Comparatives Real-World Protection Test AV-Comparatives


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Dec 2013   #2
mjf

Windows 7x64 Home Premium SP1
 
 

I don't see Norton in the test set while they include McAfee.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Dec 2013   #3

Windows 8.1 Pro w/Media Center 64bit, Windows 7 HP 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mjf View Post
I don't see Norton in the test set while they include McAfee.
Norton had a hissy fit with AV-Compatibles so have not participated in the last two years. They did not like one of the test that they failed and AV-Compatibles said they would not exclude Norton from any one test. It was all or nothing, so Norton bailed.

Jim
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


16 Dec 2013   #4
mjf

Windows 7x64 Home Premium SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mjf View Post
I don't see Norton in the test set while they include McAfee.
Norton had a hissy fit with AV-Compatibles so have not participated in the last two years. They did not like one of the test that they failed and AV-Compatibles said they would not exclude Norton from any one test. It was all or nothing, so Norton bailed.

Jim
I see.
Bailing out is a 2 edged sword though. I still use Norton NIS along with Malwarebytes. If I had placed too much emphasis on AV-Compatibles I may have excluded both because they aren't represented. If Norton gets a legitimate bad rap I'd drop it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Dec 2013   #5
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

I just got a new NIS 3 users for $20. I like Norton best. Although the Kaspersky results are impressive, I stopped using it because it was too messy.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Dec 2013   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), Windows XP SP3, Linux Mint 17 MATE (64 bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
For those who are interested a fair bit of info on the latest AV Comparatives results.

AV-Comparatives Real-World Protection Test AV-Comparatives
Thanks for that link ICit2lol.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
I just got a new NIS 3 users for $20. I like Norton best. Although the Kaspersky results are impressive, I stopped using it because it was too messy.
Kaspersky's results do look impressive.

I'm using Avast, which managed to scrape into the Top Ten (9th place).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Dec 2013   #7

Desk1 8 Pro / Desk2 7 Home Prem / Laptop 8.1 Pro all 64bit
 
 

Hmm well I have used Kaspersky for the last four years and apart from a slow load on the laptop it works just great. Am not keen on the new settings / GUI but for the money such good value.

Frankly I am surprised by the result of the McAfee.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Dec 2013   #8

Windows 8.1 Pro w/Media Center 64bit, Windows 7 HP 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
I just got a new NIS 3 users for $20. I like Norton best. Although the Kaspersky results are impressive, I stopped using it because it was too messy.
I have been using Norton for the last 4 years and just re-upped for another year this week. They have been a good product but new management have pissed off some of their customers with changes to their ID Safe vault. They also had a lot of bugs with their 2013 version (ver 20) but finally got them worked out just before releasing the 2014 version (ver 21). They really screwed up the ID Safe vault on 2014 and have a few minor bugs with it. I am staying with 2013 for now and see how the 2014 version works out.

Jim
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Dec 2013   #9

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

have used bitdefender Internet security 2013, Almost two(2) years. Served me well.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Dec 2013   #10

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Hmm well I have used Kaspersky for the last four years and apart from a slow load on the laptop it works just great. Am not keen on the new settings / GUI but for the money such good value.

Frankly I am surprised by the result of the McAfee.
As far as I can remember McAfee has always been go at stopping infection. The problem has been it's also good at stopping Windows 7 from working.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Latest AV Comparatives results




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Latest AV Comparatives results
Thread Forum
Latest from AV comparatives Security News
Latest from AV Comparatives Security News
BIOS - Incremental updates to latest vrsn or direct update to latest? Drivers
AV-Test.org unveils latest results Security News
AV-Comparatives (Nov '09) System Security

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33