I just found this information and thought I would share it. I did a search of the site and did not find similar. If it is a repeat, I apologize.
If you have the need to open a particular port on Windows 7, just follow these steps:
- Open the Windows 7 Firewall.
- Click the option for Advanced Settings on the left.
- When the advanced options appear, select Inbound Rules from the left.
- Now click New Rule from the right.
- In the Wizard, select the option to open a Port. Click Next.
- Finally configure the port number(s) to open and apply your settings.