Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Malicious Executables Hidden in .DOC Files.


31 Mar 2010   #1
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 
Malicious Executables Hidden in .DOC Files.

Quote:
A new email malware distribution campaign has adopted a lawsuit notification theme. The fake messages include links to malicious files or hide them inside attached documents.

The purpose of this scheme is to scare users into downloading and installing a trojan onto their computers, especially since the alleged lawsuits are related to copyright infringement. Sending legal action threats via email is a common method of discouraging illegal file sharing, which makes this kind of messages even more credible.
Source -
Malicious Executables Hidden in .DOC Files - Fake lawsuit notifications used as a ruse - Softpedia

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

31 Mar 2010   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Jan

Nice find. Yet another reason not to click on anything in an email you dont know.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Mar 2010   #3

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Jan

Nice find. Yet another reason not to click on anything in an email you dont know.
It's 2010, and I STILL can't get this point across to my users....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


31 Mar 2010   #4
jav

Windows 7 Ultimate x86 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Desslok View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Jan

Nice find. Yet another reason not to click on anything in an email you dont know.
It's 2010, and I STILL can't get this point across to my users....
I know how you feel.

It's is frustrating to see people still doing such a trivial things....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Mar 2010   #5
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jav View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Desslok View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Jan

Nice find. Yet another reason not to click on anything in an email you dont know.
It's 2010, and I STILL can't get this point across to my users....
I know how you feel.

It's is frustrating to see people still doing such a trivial things....
What we all tend to forget is a new crop of users appear daily. The 'newbies' are not always aware of safe surfing habits & bingo!
Computer education is an ongoing thing................some learn fast, others not so.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Mar 2010   #6

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

That's why they created the "Trash Bin" hehe
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Malicious Executables Hidden in .DOC Files.




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33