Updates have run to almost a standstill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. Posts : 21,004
    Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10

Updates have run to almost a standstill

I think I have posted in the past re the updates not downloading and seeing that a lot of other folks have similar problems I thought I would ask again.

Now they have just about dried up and I have tried just about everything I can think of including redoing the readiness tool. I keep getting a pop up to say that updates are available but clicking on the download results in that running for hours at a time and it is getting really annoying.

In my pic you can see the miserable state of the installed updates and I am wondering if anyone has got any ideas. I have seen numerous links to get updates by various means but just don't know where to start.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Updates have run to almost a standstill-my-updates.png  
      My Computer

2. Posts : 20,583
    Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit

Hi,
    Just curious but how many is the total updates do you show as installed ?
    I just looked and my acer shows 338 installed.
    Odd I see a adobe reader update on your list coming from MS on 1-12-17 is that the last time a successful update installed ?
      My Computer

3. Posts : 7,107
    W7 home premium 32bit/W7HP 64bit/w10 tp insider ring

Hi ICIT2LOL,

lets try and clear those pendings, detail in screenshots

Run the net stop bits first
    REBOOT
    run updates if that doesn't work

option 2

@thrash approx 235 from his screenshot.

i've got 51 on my clean install from earlier this month

Roy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Updates have run to almost a standstill-clear-pending-updates.png   Updates have run to almost a standstill-remove-pendnig.png  
      My Computer

4. Posts : 21,004
    Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10

Ok thanks for the relies fellas now the total number of updates is 236 which includes an update dated back in 2010?? A bit of a mystery as I only bought this machine latish last year!

Now I shall try and get my head around the fix Roy has posted as I am not that cluey when it gets down to this stuff.
      My Computer

5. Posts : 21,004

Ok update I tried the first set of command instructions but it has jammed at what is in the pic. Maybe I have typed it worng but it just stops at the long entry Documents and Settings??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Updates have run to almost a standstill-command.png  
      My Computer

6. Posts : 4,776
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1

I reckon that command should be:

del /f /q "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat"

I'll PM you a link.
      My Computer

7. Posts : 21,004

Thanks mate and I did get the PM and am just a bit mystified as to what to use in those links.
      My Computer

8. Posts : 20,583

Hi,
    My asus which was built a a little over a year ago shows 333 installed updates so far
    I have not installed January's and have hidden a couple from December and November
    So it does not seem like you're way out of date.
      My Computer

9. Posts : 21,004

Ok the issue seems to have been fixed with the links from Microsoft
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3020369 and https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172605 as soon as I got these installed the updates started flowing in again.

Now I don't know if it is my imagination or not but the machine has actually got a bit faster because I also had noticed it was getting slow in particular when using Libre word documents.:)
      My Computer

10. Posts : 20,583

Hi,
    lol those two updates should of been installed long ago :)
    You have more updates than I compared with my asus so what's up with that
      My Computer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast