Permissions Fiasco

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

1. Posts : 721
    Windows 10, Windows 8.1 Pro, Windows 7 Professional, OS X El Capitan

It’s an environment variable that expands to your temp folder. Type it into the Windows Explorer address bar.
      My Computer

2. Posts : 56
    Win7 Home Premium x64

Here is %temp%

Sorry for the delay under the weather. But again both dl'd and run with similar results.
    Permissions Fiasco Attached Files
      My Computer

3. Posts : 721

Excellent, fixed an oversight. But I wanted to see the error from just the first file first.

Could you download, again, the first file—just the first one—run it and if you get an error upload the pp_err.txt file for it?

Thanks.
      My Computer

4. Posts : 56
    Win7 Home Premium x64

Ok done. Couple things. Had some time to look at the results. Know little of such things but in my opinion, this little program is some elegant coding. Anyway, here is the next result. Thanks
    Permissions Fiasco Attached Files
      My Computer

5. Posts : 721

Thanks.

Hm. I don’t know why this happens. For some reason the security descriptor on C drive still refuses to be read even after all the privileges and other measures. But I cannot replicate this specific error.

Is it locked? Is it corrupt? Need to get to the bottom of this.

Need more information. Would you be able to download this file attached. It will produce a “c_errinfo.txt” on your desktop. Could you upload this?

Edit: added attachment

Edit: attachment now removed
    Last edited by Pyprohly; 29 Jan 2017 at 08:53.
      My Computer

6. Posts : 56
    Win7 Home Premium x64

Should I see a file?
      My Computer

7. Posts : 721

Ahaha, so sorry. Long day.
      My Computer

8. Posts : 56
    Win7 Home Premium x64

Always wondered about a corruption. This is what I see when I run Speccy. I note the root directory is often Users/Administrator.Lar-PC.0001. I've included three clips of interest.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Permissions Fiasco-capture3.png   Permissions Fiasco-capture2.png   Permissions Fiasco-capture1.png  
      My Computer

9. Posts : 56
    Win7 Home Premium x64

Isn't the disk analyzer clip number 17,592,186,036,469MB way too large on a 120gb drive?
      My Computer

10. Posts : 721

Yes. Those number’s are off the rails. We could indeed be dealing with some sort of corruption or disk failure, and if that’s the case then it’s hardly a permissions problem and there is no point in performing diagnostics for this.

However, a claim from one source is hardly mounting evidence, even if it is Speccy. Are you able to identify another clue that would allude to corruption?

How much free space would you say you actually have, or if you remember, the last known amount? Less than 100MB is far too small to be working with.
      My Computer

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast