Starting YouTube?

1. Posts : 378
    Windows 10 Pro x64 (UPGRADED - 10/20/2016)

Starting YouTube?

Hey guys..

So I've been contemplating some decisions for the past hour or two as I can't sleep....what do you think about the idea of me starting YouTube again but daily gaming videos? I understand it requires full dedication and effort, and also a good choice of games to record..but if it's something that could potentially take off...then I should at least give it a go, right?

As some of you know unfortunately I don't have all the free time in the world as I've got work and uni taking up most of it, however, if I do gaming videos for YouTube each day or every other day of the week in my spare time...could it flourish and turn into a positive and fun thing? I just need to review how to actually get the audience for it..and how to make it interesting and fun for viewers!

I'd like some constructive advice and suggestions please.

Thanks.
      My Computer

2. Posts : 20,583
    Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit

Hi,
    Depends
    If you do them with newer games and not older ones you might get more viewers :/
    No need to do videos of playing candy crush lol
      My Computer

3. Posts : 5,605
    Originally Win 7 Hm Prem x64 Ver 6.1.7600 Build 7601-SP1 | Upgraded to Windows 10 December 14, 2019

Awww....No candy crush? But that was my favorite!

Seriously though Kyle....You have the dedication and effort right and if you present them right, games would be a good first choice. I have a YouTube (YT) channel on eagles and it does take a lot of dedication and effort, but it was fun and a learning experience, TZ might remember the thread, he posted a few times. Depending how it goes I'm considering starting another live bald eagle thread part deux, they arrived and are prepping the nest.

You don't mention how you're going to capture these games, I used a suggestion from @whs for Microsoft Expression Recorder4 (MER4 or MER), at post#93 in my Live Bald Eagle Nest Cam thread the d/l page is here, scroll down a bit to the d/l and click on the details plus sign, right below the version box you'll see Important, there is a newer version with SP1, that's what I use. MER4 has a bit of a learning curve at first but you should catch on pretty quick. My first attempt is here at post#102. Starting at post 93 and from there on is "technical advice" that helped me out.

Yes, it can flourish, it's all up to you, but don't be surprised when it takes a few hours at the beginning, but with practice you'll get better and the prep time will come down. Here's a google search link on: How to promote youtube videos
    Questions? Post here in your thread and i'll see what I can do to help out.
      My Computer

4. Posts : 7
    Windows 10 64 bit

I tried a youtube gaming channel once, I did a couple videos and just stopped after a while since I wasn't getting any views or subscribers, if you want to make one, do it.
      My Computer