Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Cool Free Software

19 Aug 2010   #1

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1 Build 7600)
 
 
Cool Free Software

Hi guys,
My apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong thread. I wasn't sure where to post it. And the section I considered more suitable, I couldn't post a new thread.

Anyway, I have been using this free software for a while now, and just realised that someone in here might find it useful as well.

With this software you can view your all your fonts as a thumbnail preview.
Font Thumbnail for Windows Explorer
It works fine with Windows 7.

Regards Willow

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 Aug 2010   #2

Win 7 Ult 64-bit
 
 

You don't need that program in Win 7 . When You set to "large icon" preview, You automatically get that function.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Aug 2010   #3

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1 Build 7600)
 
 

Well there ya go, lol. And here I was thinking I was finally able to share something in return for all the help I've gotten in here.
A gal has to learn something everyday. Thanks for the heads up.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


23 Aug 2010   #4

windows 7 professional & ultimate 64bit laptops
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Willowhoop View Post
Well there ya go, lol. And here I was thinking I was finally able to share something in return for all the help I've gotten in here.
A gal has to learn something everyday. Thanks for the heads up.

for trying so hard.... here's some rep points



~Carmine
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Aug 2010   #5

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1 Build 7600)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pacinitaly View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Willowhoop View Post
Well there ya go, lol. And here I was thinking I was finally able to share something in return for all the help I've gotten in here.
A gal has to learn something everyday. Thanks for the heads up.

for trying so hard.... here's some rep points



~Carmine
Oh my gosh thank you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2010   #6

windows 7 professional & ultimate 64bit laptops
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Willowhoop View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pacinitaly View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Willowhoop View Post
Well there ya go, lol. And here I was thinking I was finally able to share something in return for all the help I've gotten in here.
A gal has to learn something everyday. Thanks for the heads up.

for trying so hard.... here's some rep points



~Carmine
Oh my gosh thank you.
Hi buddy,
have you looked around here? Tutorials - Vista Forums
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Nov 2010   #7

All of 'em.
 
 

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I saw a bunch of referer logs from here so I thought I'd pop in. I'm Ron Parker, creator of the Font Thumbnail program linked from the first post in this thread.

It doesn't actually work in Windows 7 without some registry hacks, due to the fact that my installer registers it in a way that causes it to take a back seat to the built-in font thumbnails others here have mentioned. I'm a little biased, so I do prefer my thumbnails to the built-in ones, but chances are if you've installed this on a Windows 7 machine you won't see any difference except for .pfb files (which Windows 7 doesn't thumbnail for some reason; it does do the associated .pfm files, however.)

If for some reason you did want to use my thumbnails on Windows 7, you'd want to delete or (preferably) rename the following registry keys that point to the built-in thumbnail provider:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ttffile\ShellEx\{BB2E617C-0920-11d1-9A0B-00C04FC2D6C1}
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\otffile\ShellEx\{BB2E617C-0920-11d1-9A0B-00C04FC2D6C1}
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\pfmfile\shellex\{BB2E617C-0920-11d1-9A0B-00C04FC2D6C1}
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2010   #8

 
 

Hi Ron, thanks for popping in, and welcome to Seven Forums. Thanks so much for letting us know --- and by the way, why don't you join us as a regular poster, and share your knowledge (and maybe even get some help, on occasion, from our resident nerds).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Cool Free Software





Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33