|14 Sep 2010||#1|
| || |
Netlimiter 1.3 Works Great windows 7 (64 bit)
The one program I was concerned about not working under Windows 7 x64 was Netlimiter. I've always hated the versions above 1.3 so on a whim I decided to ignore the "This software has known compatibility issues" warning and install it, after reading that 1.3 doesn't use device drivers like the newer versions.
I installed as Administrator into the Program Files (x86) folder. Before rebooting I ran it as Admin just to see if it would work. It did so I did a reboot and it's been running fine.
Seems to throttle fine, adjusting bandwidth on the fly works a treat as well.
The only tiny glitch I've come across so far is once when I tried adding more schedules to utorrent it was a little flaky.
I set up the rules and they worked. When I went to add more about an hour ago it didn't add the rule to the list no matter how many times I tried. However when I rebooted all the attempts showed up meaning that it was adding the schedules but not showing them in the list which is good in that it works but would be nice if it was consistent.
So far no BSOD or any major problems. Seeing as I rarely need to alter or add schedules once they're in place, it's occasional flakiness in that area is something I can live with.
The upside is Netlimiter 1.3 works on Windows 7 x64 !!
Thought I'd post this to let others know who like the program but aren't happy with the newer versions.
|My System Specs|
|05 Oct 2010||#2|
| || |
So after nearly a month of testing I have come across one major issue.
For some reason it seems to block Outlook connectivity to Exchange Servers only.
It did not effect POP3 at all. Outlook 2003,2007 and Outlook 2010 all gave the "Unable to connect to exchange server" which was strange given that connection to Exchange was fine on my XP Pro SP3 laptop sitting beside the Windows 7 (x64) machine (meaning my network was fine).
"The connection to the Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action."
I kept rolling back network related installs, first being ESET smart security, then netlimiter. Once netlimiter was gone Exchange connected. Reinstalled ESET smart security and Exchange is still okay so the culprit has been found.
If I didn't have to connect to my Exchange server for work then I'd still be using it.
There may be other things it inhibits but that was the only one I came across. Everything else worked perfectly. So unfortunately for my setup it had to go.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Netlimiter 1.3 Works Great windows 7 (64 bit)|
|Built a new Windows 7 computer at work, works great||Hardware & Devices|
|New memory works great in memtest/linux, crashes windows 7||BSOD Help and Support|
|Restore System Image - Works Great||Backup and Restore|
|Media Player Streaming Works Great...For Some Artists||Network & Sharing|
|Windows 7 works great on the MacBook Pro||News|
|Great, hardware HD acceleration works out of the box.||Graphic Cards|
|Installation on older machine -- works great||Installation & Setup|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 AM.