Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: webcam works, only if I get invited on WLM

01 Nov 2010   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 
webcam works, only if I get invited on WLM

Hello guys

I use Windows Live Messenger 9 (because I hate the 2010 version).
When my mates invite me for a videoconversation, my webcam works. But when I want to invite them, it says I don't have a webcam. Anyone had this problem?

I even did a format C:\ for this, but it didn't solve the problem. My webcam drivers are installed.

When I go to audio & video settings (in WLM), my webcam is just being recognized so I click "finish". After that I invite my mate to have a video conversation, but I only see his webcam, my webcam is drawn as "not available" and WLM tells me to buy a webcam. This is a built-in laptop webcam...


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Nov 2010   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fANAT1C View Post
Hello guys

I use Windows Live Messenger 9 (because I hate the 2010 version).
When my mates invite me for a videoconversation, my webcam works. But when I want to invite them, it says I don't have a webcam. Anyone had this problem?

I even did a format C:\ for this, but it didn't solve the problem. My webcam drivers are installed.

When I go to audio & video settings (in WLM), my webcam is just being recognized so I click "finish". After that I invite my mate to have a video conversation, but I only see his webcam, my webcam is drawn as "not available" and WLM tells me to buy a webcam. This is a built-in laptop webcam...

What version (date) are the webcam drivers? Is there a yellow triangle over them in device manager?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2010   #3

Systems 1 and 2: Windows 7 Enterprise x64, Win 8 Developer
 
 

I have never used WLM, but in options is there a dropdown for video selection? I have found some programs that defaulted to the wrong device.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


02 Nov 2010   #4

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fANAT1C View Post
Hello guys

I use Windows Live Messenger 9 (because I hate the 2010 version).
When my mates invite me for a videoconversation, my webcam works. But when I want to invite them, it says I don't have a webcam. Anyone had this problem?

I even did a format C:\ for this, but it didn't solve the problem. My webcam drivers are installed.

When I go to audio & video settings (in WLM), my webcam is just being recognized so I click "finish". After that I invite my mate to have a video conversation, but I only see his webcam, my webcam is drawn as "not available" and WLM tells me to buy a webcam. This is a built-in laptop webcam...

What version (date) are the webcam drivers? Is there a yellow triangle over them in device manager?
nope

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
I have never used WLM, but in options is there a dropdown for video selection? I have found some programs that defaulted to the wrong device.
There is a dropdown box, and all of the options I define are working in the example webcam window (just at the right side of the dropdown box), but once I try to invite anyone on WLM, I can't find my webcam anywhere and it tells me to buy a webcam or view someone else's webcam.

When I search for drivers using Windows Update it says there couldn't be found any newer drivers than the drivers I have.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 webcam works, only if I get invited on WLM




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:03 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33