Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Daemon Works (you dont want to try what i did though...)

29 Sep 2010   #11
jimbo45

Linux CENTOS 7 / various Windows OS'es and servers
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gladson1976 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
Hi there
Daemon tools like a lot of other programs have passed their Sell by date.

If you want a FOOL PROOF FREE Virtual Disk mounter (and it will also mount Nero NRG images as well as the usial ISO etc formats) try the FREE version of Alcohol 52% free edition -- this will allow you to have up to 6 Virtual drives mounted.

Works a treat on W7 X64 too

Alcohol 52% Free Edition 1.9.5.4327.FE - Free Download

Sometimes it really is time to abandon older software

Cheers
jimbo
Alcohol 52% comes with is free but comes with the Protection Database Search Toolbar. There is no option to unselect it during install, but it can be uninstalled after installing.
Cd and DVD burning Software Alcohol Software - Download Trial 31 Virtual Drives
what is Protection Database Search Toolbar? - Club MyCE
Alcohol Toolbar

Hi there
I don't know what sites you get redirected to in India but I'VE NEVER had this problem.

I NEVER INSTALL TOOLBARS OF ANY KIND BTW -- they are all irritants on a browser in the first place imo.

The fact you are downloading something that even says TRIAL in it tells me that this isn't the same download that I used.

I'm at work now so not at my home PC but I'll post a screenshot of Alcohol52% later when I can get to one of my private PC's.

No probs of any kind.

Cheers
jimbo


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
29 Sep 2010   #12
gladson1976

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (XP, 98SE, 95, 3.11, DOS 7.10 on VM) + Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Lucid Lynx
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gladson1976 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
Hi there
Daemon tools like a lot of other programs have passed their Sell by date.

If you want a FOOL PROOF FREE Virtual Disk mounter (and it will also mount Nero NRG images as well as the usial ISO etc formats) try the FREE version of Alcohol 52% free edition -- this will allow you to have up to 6 Virtual drives mounted.

Works a treat on W7 X64 too

Alcohol 52% Free Edition 1.9.5.4327.FE - Free Download

Sometimes it really is time to abandon older software

Cheers
jimbo
Alcohol 52% comes with is free but comes with the Protection Database Search Toolbar. There is no option to unselect it during install, but it can be uninstalled after installing.
Cd and DVD burning Software Alcohol Software - Download Trial 31 Virtual Drives
what is Protection Database Search Toolbar? - Club MyCE
Alcohol Toolbar

Hi there
I don't know what sites you get redirected to in India but I'VE NEVER had this problem.

I NEVER INSTALL TOOLBARS OF ANY KIND BTW -- they are all irritants on a browser in the first place imo.

The fact you are downloading something that even says TRIAL in it tells me that this isn't the same download that I used.

I'm at work now so not at my home PC but I'll post a screenshot of Alcohol52% later when I can get to one of my private PC's.

No probs of any kind.

Cheers
jimbo
The first link is the official Alcohol Soft site. They have two versions of Alcohol 52% for download.
1. A free version of Alcohol 52% with the toolbar.
2. A 15 day trial of Alcohol 52% without the toolbar.
Name:  Alcohol 52%.png
Views: 5
Size:  27.6 KB

The version (2.0.1.2033.FE) is different from the one you posted (1.9.5.4327.FE)


My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Sep 2010   #13
SledgeDG

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 

I use DT ever since W98SE and since I wasn't aware of any problem between W7 and DT so I went ahead and just installed it.. so far it seems to be working just fine.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 4
Size:  221.7 KB

-DG


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Sep 2010   #14
Klaw117

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

This topic is 2 years old, back when DAEMON didn't have a version working with Windows 7. That has been fixed though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Sep 2010   #15
CarlTR6

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Klaw117 View Post
This topic is 2 years old, back when DAEMON didn't have a version working with Windows 7. That has been fixed though.
That is questionable.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Sep 2010   #16
Klaw117

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CarlTR6 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Klaw117 View Post
This topic is 2 years old, back when DAEMON didn't have a version working with Windows 7. That has been fixed though.
That is questionable.
You've run into problems with DAEMON?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Sep 2010   #17
CarlTR6

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

I haven't because I don't use it. But I have seen BSODs where uninstalling the newest SPTD driver solved the problem. On the other hand, I have never encountered a BSOD caused by MagicDisc which does not use the SPTD.sys driver. Daemon and Alcohol both use the SPTD driver.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Sep 2010   #18
gladson1976

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (XP, 98SE, 95, 3.11, DOS 7.10 on VM) + Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Lucid Lynx
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Klaw117 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CarlTR6 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Klaw117 View Post
This topic is 2 years old, back when DAEMON didn't have a version working with Windows 7. That has been fixed though.
That is questionable.
You've run into problems with DAEMON?
I've had quite a few BSOD's with Daemon. Fixed by uninstalling it.
Using Virtual CloneDrive now
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Sep 2010   #19
Klaw117

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Wow, why the heck am I the only one who doesn't have software problems? DAEMON worked (and still works) for me, Vista worked for me, IE worked for me, Norton worked for me, etc...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Sep 2010   #20
gladson1976

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (XP, 98SE, 95, 3.11, DOS 7.10 on VM) + Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Lucid Lynx
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Klaw117 View Post
Wow, why the heck am I the only one who doesn't have software problems? DAEMON worked (and still works) for me, Vista worked for me, IE worked for me, Norton worked for me, etc...
Guess you are just lucky
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Daemon Works (you dont want to try what i did though...)




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Daemon Tools
Does someone can tell me whats wrong . Daemon Tools crash every time if i want to open it .If i shut down my external hd its start to work and the same thing is with Magic ISO.Do i need to change the driver letter or something like that:)
Software
VoIP works but our computers dont have a valid IP configuration!
We are setting up in a new office building that has a network. All of our phones are on VOIP. We have Windows 7 machines and a few macs. When we connect to the network (either directly, or through a router or switch) only the phones will connect and work. When we try to connect our machines...
Network & Sharing
SSH Daemon?
Can anybody tell me if there's a full-time SSH client/server application available for Windows 7? I know of PuTTY and it comes in handy for a client side app. Is there a separate server app, or one that does both?
Network & Sharing
5.1 speakers dont works on W7U x64bits
I install and realtek 2.39 newest version, where really works with Vista/W7 OS, set settings to 5.1, but its still don't working my creative 5.1 speakers, works only 2 speakers..My OS W7U 64bit,ALC 622.. Who can be wrong? :shock:
Sound & Audio
Daemon Tools?
So I downloaded Daemon Tools Lite... their site says it supports Windows 7 and all. Well I go to install it, and Windows says it has known compatibility issues. I ignored it and installed it, and it seems to work fine. So what's up with the warning? Is it because Daemon Tools doesn't...
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:28.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App