|13 Jan 2015||#11|
Just want to confirm that Robbiestewart's approach worked for me. I am running Windows 7 SP 1 64 bit and a US Robotics 5637 USB FAX/Voice modem.
And please note that since Robbiestewart's last post, a NEW version of BVRP PhoneTools has been released which probably fixes many bugs. The latest version of PhoneTools from the US Robotics website is version 9.07a.
Here are the steps I followed:
Step 1 -- Install that latest Driver for the Modem from the Modem's manufacturer website.
Step 2 -- Update your modem with the the latest firmware from the Modem's manufacturer website.
Step 3 -- Install BVRP PhoneTools
0. Log into a Windows User Account with Administrator privileges. (Often just called an Administrator Account).
1. Download and run the latest PhoneTools installer. (The latest version as of this post was version 9.07a from US Robotics website).
2. When UAC pops up and asks for your Administrator Password, enter it.
3. Follow the install wizard
PLEASE NOTE: During installation, make sure to UNSELECET "Run PhoneTools after installation".
4. FIRST RUN OF PHONETOOLS AFTER INSTALLATION: After Installation, right click on the PhoneTools icon (either on the Desktop or in the START Menu) and click on Run as Administrator. Enter the Administrator password.
5. PhoneTools will run and will automatically find your modem and configure PhoneTools appropriately.
PLEASE NOTE: After Installation, you only need to run Phone Tools once in Administrator mode to setup PhoneTools with your particular modem.
6. Quit PhoneTools
7. Next Run PhoneTools normally (NO need to run as an administrator). NOW YOU CAN START FAXING!!
PhoneTools can now be run in any USER account -- (either an Administrator User Account or a Regular User Account).
|My System Specs|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar help and support threads|
doubled up OS disaster
Learning the hard way. Have a m7160n desktop that came with XP. I did a XP/W7 conversion upgrade using the W7 on a flash drive. It worked fine for a year after I told the bios to use the flash for booting. I just pulled off a different W7 OS from a different laptop HD and put it on my C drive...
Oh dear. I recently decided to reinstall Win 7 as it`s been about a year and things are starting to go a bit awry. For instance I can no longer open the Start Menu Control Panel without it hanging and having to restart Explorer. The real problem though is that my DVD drive won`t recognize...
|Hardware & Devices|
Well i tried to sysprep..And i got an fatal error!My driver isnt updating but my administrator account is gone.As guest, i cannot do anything.So i want to install new OS, but can i installed it as guest?
|Installation & Setup|
CCC 10.1 Disaster for My HD2600
I have just downloaded the latest version 10.1 of the CCC and Display Drivers for my Radeon HD2600. I am running W7 64 bit. When I installed the drivers and re-boot to complete the installation Windows tells me that there are no ATI display drivers installed and all the icons on screen are much...
Classic desktop and Classic start menu
Classic desktop and Classic start menu I was told it was not going to be available with windows 7. As I said it the other thread, that is what I have use since windows 95 and use it for xp currently. I don't know if Vista has it. I have set where, you can go start button-program-than...
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:01.