This is getting on my last nerves, why in the world did they do those ridiculous changes that practiclly make the program unusable!
First of all you can't get it to rescan your files manually and the auto detection is bad. Not only does it tend to leave ghost entries in the library but it also doesn't pick up ID3 tag changes, leaving me unable to make it pick up the ID3 tag changes I did.
Oh and how can I forget the removal of the advanced tag editor the most nonsensical decision I've ever seen.
Secondly, It sometimes finds wrong information in the database about a song.
But then there is no way at all to revert this and it fills up wrong info for the song in the ID3 tags to.
Third, ok I can see why they would remove the toolbar mode considering how the superbar works but... why didn't they at least include a full set of buttons (volume for example?) and perhaps a smarter thumbnail?
Now that I'm done ranting, can someone help me how would I go making changes to ID3 tags and make WMP notice them and also fix the wrong info it sometimes finds? (It doesn't let me delete the tags for heavens sake
So here is a list of issues I have with WMP12:
- The automatic scanning is flawed, Not picking up changes (even ones made by friggin explorer, like changing an ID3 tag via explorer), leaving ghost entires, etc.
- The lack of ability to force a rescan.
- When you add a playlist file to a scanned folder and WMP picks it up and you later remove it, you get an unremovable ghost playlist entry.
- Inability to fix wrong info, especielly due to the lack of the advanced tag editor.
- The superbar integration could be better.
- No. 1 makes it difficult to use external programs to edit tags.
- Inability to remove a cover art, and I'm not sure if you can change it either.
- The fact the WMP library is what used for the media sharing feature leaves me having to maintain a correct media library but with all those issues it becomes very difficult.