|30 Nov 2010||#1|
10 questions about Application Compatibility
I've ten difficult questions in a test from microsoft, hope someone can help....
Thanks in advance.
1) If you are using VirtualRegistry to fix a registry key that contains a space, how do you encode that?
Quote the path
Space ( )
Non-breaking space ( )
Escape code ( )
2) How does WRPMitigation fix problems writing to files protected by Windows Resource Protection?
Detects changes to WRP-protected resources and replaces overwritten copies
Returns access denied when attempting to write to protected files
Takes ownership and loosens the ACL on the directory, allows the write, replaces, and then modifies the ACL back to the original setting
Creates a temp file and returns this handle to the calling program
3) Why can’t we implement Windows Resource Protection on Windows XP?
AppID was introduced in Windows 7, and doesn’t exist on Windows XP
The CredentialManager APIs don’t exist on Windows XP
Service SIDs don’t exist on Windows XP
We’re too busy
4) What can you do to allow a message to be sent from a lower privileged process up to a window in a higher privileged process?
A) UIPIEnableStandardMessages shim
B) ChangeWindowMessageFilter API
C) lpMessageFilter argument in the CreateWindow API
D) Manifest with uiAccess = true
A and B
B, C, and D
A, B, and C
A, B, and D
C and D
All of the above
None of the above
5) Where is the integrity level stored in a process?
In the token
In the security descriptor
In the manifest
In the icacls
6) Can you shim 64-bit applications using Compatibility Administrator?
Yes, but you have to install them manually using sdbinst.exe from the 64-bit directory
Yes, but only if they are not managed code AnyCPU applications
Yes, but you have to select the 64-bit version of the application when creating the shims
7) If I need to target a process and its children using shims, what is the best approach?
Use the Sdb* APIs to dynamically attach to child processes
Configure the shim with the command line IncludeChildren
Include the child exe when creating the shim
Use a layer containing the shims you need
8) What options do you have to fix a problem with a 3rd party driver?
Obtain a new version
9) When you view a stack trace in Sysinternals tools, is the first line the oldest or newest code to be executed?
10) Does the IE Compatibility Test Tool help you find issues with your Java applets?
|My System Specs|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar help and support threads|
SSD compatibility questions
I've been looking at ssds and was wondering if there is any possible compatibility issues I need to know about. my motherboard is a Gigabyte P55M-UD2 with 8 gigs of G Skill ddr3 and the cpu is an intel core i5. Also, is it possible to transfer everything from my present drive or will I have to...
|Hardware & Devices|
Win 7 RTM Application Compatibility Update Available.
Source - Windows 7 RTM Application Compatibility Update Available - For download - Softpedia
|Windows Updates & Activation|
Application Compatibility List for IT Professionals
Windows 7 Application Compatibility List for IT Professionals Read more (Microsoft)
Disabling the Application Compatibility Assistant
Disabling the Application Compatibility Assistant (the rights and wrongs) Firstly see this for reference. I decided to disable the ACA so it would not arbitrarily automatically set some compatibility mode on the program again. What would be the repercussions of doing this apart from the...
|Performance & Maintenance|
The Springboard Application Compatibility VRT rebroadca
Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.5
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17.