Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: ?Two versions?

09 Jan 2011   #1
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 7 Home Prem / Main lap Asus ROG 7 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro
 
 
?Two versions?

Have just had to uninstal - reboot - reinstall CC v3/02.1343 (64bit) because of some wretched cookies the old download couln't remove - a couple of little bugga's named core.videoegg.com & static.afnkd.net the second one I could be wrong on the letters but the first is right. The core. still comes up but at least CC is clearing it now.
Now although everything is tickety boo I notice that the fresh version on the desktop is showing 5 refs to apps and the version on the laptop is showing only 4 apps.
From the pics you will see BUT there is NO Reader 9 in my programs / apps whatever on the desktop and I have searched Progs& Feats, Start / All programs, and the two sets of Programs when opening "Computer - C:" x86 or the other list.

Any ideas anyone - it's not causing any problems as such - apart from why it is happening.




Attached Images
  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
09 Jan 2011   #2
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Have just had to uninstal - reboot - reinstall CC v3/02.1343 (64bit) because of some wretched cookies the old download couln't remove - a couple of little bugga's named core.videoegg.com & static.afnkd.net the second one I could be wrong on the letters but the first is right. The core. still comes up but at least CC is clearing it now.
Now although everything is tickety boo I notice that the fresh version on the desktop is showing 5 refs to apps and the version on the laptop is showing only 4 apps.
From the pics you will see BUT there is NO Reader 9 in my programs / apps whatever on the desktop and I have searched Progs& Feats, Start / All programs, and the two sets of Programs when opening "Computer - C:" x86 or the other list.

Any ideas anyone - it's not causing any problems as such - apart from why it is happening.
Download and run Secunia PSI. See if it identifies an older (and insecure) version of Adobe. If so, the results will show the path to the leftover older version.

PSI

A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jan 2011   #3
Maxxwire

Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
 
 

You can also go into CCleaner> winapp2 notepad and remove Adobe Reader 9 if you don't want it to show in the GUI.

~Maxx~
.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Jan 2011   #4
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 7 Home Prem / Main lap Asus ROG 7 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro
 
 
ok Maxx

I'll go in there if I can find it as Guy I did try secunia once and it played silly buggas with my Kaspersky ISS - sorry mate it's a good app but Kaspersky apps don't like bed fellows lol!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jan 2011   #5
Phone Man

Windows 8.1 Pro w/Media Center 64bit, Windows 7 HP 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maxxwire View Post
You can also go into CCleaner> winapp2 notepad and remove Adobe Reader 9 if you don't want it to show in the GUI.

~Maxx~
.
Could you be more specific? I don't see anything like that in CCleaner.

Jim
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jan 2011   #6
mitchell64

Windows Seven Home Premium 32bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maxxwire View Post
You can also go into CCleaner> winapp2 notepad and remove Adobe Reader 9 if you don't want it to show in the GUI.

~Maxx~
.
Could you be more specific? I don't see anything like that in CCleaner.

Jim
It is the text file for added cleaning options that belongs to Ccleaner Enhancer
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jan 2011   #7
Phone Man

Windows 8.1 Pro w/Media Center 64bit, Windows 7 HP 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell64 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maxxwire View Post
You can also go into CCleaner> winapp2 notepad and remove Adobe Reader 9 if you don't want it to show in the GUI.

~Maxx~
.
Could you be more specific? I don't see anything like that in CCleaner.

Jim
It is the text file for added cleaning options that belongs to Ccleaner Enhancer
Thanks but I don't use Enhancer. May have to look into it but not very fond of other peoples addons to such a critical program.

Jim
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jan 2011   #8
mitchell64

Windows Seven Home Premium 32bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell64 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post

Could you be more specific? I don't see anything like that in CCleaner.

Jim
It is the text file for added cleaning options that belongs to Ccleaner Enhancer
Thanks but I don't use Enhancer. May have to look into it but not very fond of other peoples addons to such a critical program.

Jim
I had a look at the file itself on the website & created my own trimmed down version.

I first run into the concept a long time ago when i was still using Comodo Dragon browser before Ccleaner Enhancer was around.

Anyway getting off topic so i will shut up
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jan 2011   #9
Maxxwire

Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
May have to look into it but not very fond of other peoples addons to such a critical program.

Jim
CCleaner Enhancer isn't an addon as such it just increases the amount of applications that CCleaner can attend to. With CCleaner Enhancer I am now able to use CCleaner to clean an additional 22 Applications.

~Maxx~



Attached Thumbnails
-ccleaner-enhancements.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jan 2011   #10
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 7 Home Prem / Main lap Asus ROG 7 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro
 
 
Enhancer

Ok Maxx that was an excellent and well put answer - nice change to see something "uncomplicated" just as long as my Kaspersky doesn't mind it i might just try it on my desky for starters.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 ?Two versions?




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Previous Versions not working-There are no previous versions available
Hi, Whenever I try to restore a file (right click > "Restore previous versions") that I know has recently changed, I see: "There are no previous versions available" on the file's "Previous Versions" tab. I've been running Windows 7 x64 Business for a long time now, and I have never seen it...
Performance & Maintenance
Problem with previous versions: "No previous versions available"
I (stupidly and accidentally) deleted all files in my "Downloads" folder. As in, hard deleted them - not to the recycle bin. I right-clicked the folder and picked "Properties", "Previous versions". Lo and behold, there were several previous versions. I opened the one from today, browsed through...
Backup and Restore
how many versions of 7
hi to all you people already playing with 7 do you now how many versions there will be ie basic, ultimate, home, ect
General Discussion
How many versions ?
How many versions of windows 7 will there be ? and what will be the main differences in them ? premium and pro are only ones that availble for pre-order Just want to make sure I have pre-ordered the right one :o Sorry if its been asked before. Andy
General Discussion
OEM Versions?
This is actually a three part post. First some background: I build my own systems...for myself and for fun, not for profit. I have three machines: the current/newest, a five year old XP Pro build, and a Linux box. I've been putting the 64-bit version of the RC through stress and endurance on...
Installation & Setup
Different Versions
I burned one DVD of Windows7 and installed it on my desktop and my netbook. On my desktop, I added a Quick Launch toolbar to the taskbar. Fine. Not problem. On the netbook, I can make the Quick Launch but when I shut down the netbook and reboot the Quick Launch is gone. I'm wondering if on a...
General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:24.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App