|22 Jan 2011||#1|
| || |
Application : Space to Comma
In my work I am regularly required to convert very large (>5GB) space delimted ASCII data files into their comma separated equivalents. If you do something similar, and you have no other option, you may find this useful so I am making it available here.
A friend first sent me this application back in 2001 which he wrote for himself, but I still use it today under Windows 7 Professional x64 and Ultimate x64 without any trouble.
The software is free. It is made available without any restrictions and is freely distributable.
1. Simply place the EXE in any folder of your choosing, and double-click it to open.
2. In the left hand column, browse to the folder that contains the file you want to convert.
3. In the right hand column, browse to and select the file you want to convert.
4. The selected file to convert is shown in the bottom left hand box called ORIGINAL FILE.
5. The resulting file name is shown in the right hand box called NEW FILE
- the default file extension is .cmm, but you can change both the file name and extension if you choose
6. Click on GO to perform the conversion, or click on CLOSE to cancel the conversion.
7. The converted file is saved to the same folder as the original file.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Application : Space to Comma|
|BSOD while installing a new application and newly found disk space!||BSOD Help and Support|
|Edit APA Citation style to remove comma||Microsoft Office|
|multiple Application Data folders taking up lots of space||General Discussion|
|Install an application to C: partition, despite lack of space?||Software|
|My decimal separator key cannot produce a comma||Software|
|Dot and comma||Customization|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 PM.